Looking for a new close range hunting scope

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the market for a close range whitetail scope. I'm really looking at the Leupold vx5 2-10, but I am concerned about durability. I will not be twisting turrets other than sighting in. Is the durability really that bad? Are there any other brands to look at besides nightforce, zeiss, or swfa?

adamm88

WKR
Maven has a 2-10 scope not sure on durability, burris has a 2-10 and vortex has a 2-7, im looking for something simular but not terribly expensive and there isnt much imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
Primary arms glx has been pretty solid scopes for me on the higher end cameraland is having the sale currently on the steiner's and I will say the 2.5-15x50 t6xi is pretty amazing.

jimh406

WKR
I'm in the market for a close range whitetail scope. I'm really looking at the Leupold vx5 2-10, but I am concerned about durability. I will not be twisting turrets other than sighting in. Is the durability really that bad? Are there any other brands to look at besides nightforce, zeiss, or swfa?
Some will say the durability is bad, and some will not. My opinion is some may be bad like any other product. That being said, I only have Leupold scopes on my rifles. Maybe I'm lucky. It's hard to say why I've never experienced a failure, but there are others out there without failures, too.