What's your lightest arrow for hunting?

I put my arrow on a scale, and they weight 410 grains TAW. I have consistent pass throughs on elk with a 3 blade broadhead.

I put my arrow on a scale, and they weight 410 grains TAW. I have consistent pass throughs on elk with a 3 blade broadhead.
Thanks for sharing man. I ended up just getting a 20 grain back weight and I ordered the long Allen to put them on. That will give me a little bit more piece of mind in case I don't execute the shot I was hoping for. I do practice a ton though. What draw weight and length are you shooting?

50 lb. bow with TAW of 380 grains at 27.5" draw going 252 fps. with Magnus Black Hornet have been doing spectacular of whitetails. Pass throughs are the norm I keep my shots under 25 yards and preferably under 20.

50 lb. bow with TAW of 380 grains at 27.5" draw going 252 fps. with Magnus Black Hornet have been doing spectacular of whitetails. Pass throughs are the norm I keep my shots under 25 yards and preferably under 20.
Man 20 yards is damn close that's awesome. I want to get up that close to one. Closest I've been to one was about 60 yards. I do want to sneak up on one and be about 20 yards too. Thanks for sharing

Man 20 yards is damn close that's awesome. I want to get up that close to one. Closest I've been to one was about 60 yards. I do want to sneak up on one and be about 20 yards too. Thanks for sharing
Too close for deer. I hate it when they're that close. Gimme a 30 yard shot please, that's my bread and butter.

Too close for deer. I hate it when they're that close. Gimme a 30 yard shot please, that's my bread and butter.
Haha I guess I should have worded it differently. I just want to be that close to a live deer once that doesn't even know I'm there. But yes any shot under 40 I would be more than happy to take

Haha I guess I should have worded it differently. I just want to be that close to a live deer once that doesn't even know I'm there. But yes any shot under 40 I would be more than happy to take
I have a knack for setting up where the damn things come up right behind me. Often I can hear them chewing before I see them. I hate it! Closest has been a nice small 8 point that fed up to the bush I was sitting in front of. Peeking to my right out of the corner of my eye I could see him round the bush, slobber drooling and dripping off his mouth and face muscles and veins as he chewed. When he finally clicked I could've lunged just a bit and grabbed his antlers with my right hand. He froze and I swear his eye focused like a mechanical Terminator eye for half a second. That one actually spooked me a bit. It was about 10 minutes from start to finish.

My hunting arrows are 4mm GT pierce, fully loaded they are just shy of 500, 496-8 to be exact. Achieved pass throughs on bulls out to 40+ yards, shot placement with a sharp broadhead and you will be just fine

I have a knack for setting up where the damn things come up right behind me. Often I can hear them chewing before I see them. I hate it! Closest has been a nice small 8 point that fed up to the bush I was sitting in front of. Peeking to my right out of the corner of my eye I could see him round the bush, slobber drooling and dripping off his mouth and face muscles and veins as he chewed. When he finally clicked I could've lunged just a bit and grabbed his antlers with my right hand. He froze and I swear his eye focused like a mechanical Terminator eye for half a second. That one actually spooked me a bit. It was about 10 minutes from start to finish.
I can imagine that like a damn movie lol those are the stories why we go hunting haha. I can't imagine someone grabbing a deer knife in hand and killing it that way 😂 I'd pay to see that lol

This will be my lightest so far, right at 440 grains. I’m a pretty short draw also at 27.5”.
70 lbs, arrows are right at 270 fps. I have no qualms shooting either my grim reaper 3 blades or rage trypans at elk. I am also in brush country, so shots past 30 yds are a rarity.

This will be my lightest so far, right at 440 grains. I’m a pretty short draw also at 27.5”.
70 lbs, arrows are right at 270 fps. I have no qualms shooting either my grim reaper 3 blades or rage trypans at elk. I am also in brush country, so shots past 30 yds are a rarity.
You are right there with me. I am shooting 65 lbs but if I go 70 I also get to 270 fps. At least that's what the online calculator told me lol

I also have the grim reapers lol I find it crazy how most of the guys where I shoot haven't heard of them. They all use the trypans

Thanks for sharing man. I ended up just getting a 20 grain back weight and I ordered the long Allen to put them on. That will give me a little bit more piece of mind in case I don't execute the shot I was hoping for. I do practice a ton though. What draw weight and length are you shooting?
28" draw 70 lbs.

Back