When Is Your Elk Opener?

Vandal 44

WKR
I will be hunting North Idaho August 31st through the 5th; then back to work for a few days. Then Washington September 11th through the 15th. Then back to work for a few more days and I will finish out the last 10 days of elk Idaho season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Sept 8 I leave for CO, spend the afternoon of the 9th and the 10th getting to know the unit, and the hunt begins Sept 11th for muzzleloader.

The 10th might also be pack in day for a spike camp. Still undecided on how I want to start the hunt. I'll probably truck camp to start, then move deeper as needed.

Good luck to all!!

Jeremy

bsnedeker

WKR
I'm taking the first and third weeks of September to chase bugles here in MT. Also first and third weeks of November for deer with the rifle. I'm sure there will be some weekend adventures mixed in there too!

stickbuck

FNG
Leaving Sept. 12th and will be driving 24 hours to Unit 12 in New Mexico. Will be my first out of state elk hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my brother leaving around noon on 9/12 and driving halfway to Rapid City. 8 more hours on 9/13 and checking in at hotel in Great Falls, MT. Packing in 18 miles on 9/14 and hunting until 9/21 in the Bob and Flathead.

Sept 1st - 17hr. to 18 hr. drive straight thru, Early Sept 2nd - 4 hours to set up base Camp. The rest of the day slowly moving through the woods to hit a few known wallow sites, setting up some game cameras and seeing what volume of humanity has descending upon and is overwhelming the elk woods. First time to ever hunt the first week. Probably sit on some Games trails heading into private to catch them running for their lives from the masses.

TripleJ

WKR
August 28th here. Still deciding on exactly where I'll be for the opener.

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
August 27th for NM Gila archery first season. As soon as my buddy and I are tagged out or season is over…we head to MT for more archery elk!!! 8^D

Leaving for Idaho after work on Sept 14th be back to work on the 27th. Should be fun we are back to the old stomping ground. Got lucky with nonresident tags.