When was your first year hunting OTC Elk in Colorado?

eshunt

Lil-Rokslider
2011 It was my first archery elk hunt. I had gotten a couple cows in ID previously with a rifle, but no bulls. Filled my tag on the last day I could hunt, solo at 12k feet on a 5-point. Haven't filled a CO tag since, and that includes a limited entry draw tag as well. Still its always fun chasing elk in CO.

coelk81

FNG
1989, back when the age limit to hunt big game in colorado was 14. I did accompany my dad on his elk hunts 3 years prior. Funny thing, I still hunt the same mountain, same trails and have killed elk in the same places my dad and grandpa did. Hopefully my son does the same thing this year, only its not OTC anymore.

RO1459

FNG
1978. I was invited to join a group of seven. I am the last member f that group still hunting. Five have passed, one is too sick to hunt (Kidney Failure) and me. Can't wait for November.

Hnthrdr

WKR
2013, no one to take me when I was a kid back in 2001, 2013 I had the means, and a little time and wandered around fort Carson in that pumpkin patch, haha ended up taking my first bull off carson with a good friend a couple years later after a deployment

2002 but should have started in 1992. 10 years in my prime got away. But still made the best of it. This is my 1st year in 12 years that I'm not going. Took it off for a Canada fly in fishing. No regrets. Next year I'm back at it.

Teaman1

WKR
2019. Black powder hunter in Colorado twice before that.
Switched to Colorado after Idaho otc started selling out so early.
Wish Idaho would go all draw

gwtravis

Lil-Rokslider
1978. I was invited to join a group of seven. I am the last member f that group still hunting. Five have passed, one is too sick to hunt (Kidney Failure) and me. Can't wait for November.
Who were they? This is a great thread and can be enriched with the who it was who brought us to Colorado. It's a great state with great hunting opportunities. We are blessed.

Buck197

WKR
My wife, at the time, and I moved to Colorado in 1995. It was my dream to live and hunt there, so that year was my first otc Colorado mule and elk.

Sako76

WKR
1992 rifle, National Forest near Carbondale. It snowed 4 feet, 5 hunters died statewide. Hunted one hour and with 12+ inches of snow on the ground we voted to leave. We spent the entire week in a hotel drinking beer and hanging out in the hot tub, it never stopped snowing the entire 5 days. Ate my elk tag ($250) and deer tag ($150)! Been back about 15 times!