Which 10MM: Sig P320 Xten, Springfield XD Elite, or M and P?

BCD

WKR
Looking to buy a 10MM that will mostly sit in a holster on my pack for bowhunting in the midwest but it might make it out west for a few trips as well. Any suggestions between these 3 options? The Sig is about $200 more than the other two and I'm not sure it's worth it? I have also read that there have been some feeding issues with the M and P and I'm not sure if those have been addressed or not. I would be going with the longer barrels on the M and P or Springfield. I believe they are 4.5 inches if I recall correctly.

Thank You!

I just picked up the Sig XTen. I like everything except the flat trigger. I think I can swap it out for a curved one.

After that, add a light and figure out a holster solution.

fmyth

WKR
I have a 10mm Springfield XDM with the 4.5" barrel and carry it in a Kenai chest holster. I chose the Springfield because it fit my hand the best which is important to me with the recoil of the heavy 10mm bear loads. It's pretty heavy loaded w 16 rounds of Buffalo Bore hardcast ammo. I only carry it when in grizzly/brown bear country. I carry a 9mm w BB hardcast in a chest holster when not in grizzly country.

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious why no Glock 20, 29 or 40 on the list? Solid reliable designs that have been around a while. Maybe the grip is not right for you? Just curious and I own all 3 models and other 10mm’s as well. Great round and the 20 is my favorite for woods carry but 40mos for hunting.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
Just curious why no Glock 20, 29 or 40 on the list? Solid reliable designs that have been around a while. Maybe the grip is not right for you? Just curious and I own all 3 models and other 10mm’s as well. Great round and the 20 is my favorite for woods carry but 40mos for hunting.
Maybe the hard-cast leading issue, but powder coating solves that. G20 is my go-to.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 4” S&W and am selling it for the FNH. Mostly cause I like FNH more and it’s threaded. My guns been great

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
I went through the same scenario looking for a 10mm. Glock was too blocky and didn’t point well for me. Sig fit my hand the best. Trigger isn’t great, but functional. Springfield would have been my second choice.

If I was going to get one just for hunting, I’d get a 1911. Sig or any other will be fine for protection.

B23

WKR
I went through the same scenario looking for a 10mm. Glock was too blocky and didn’t point well for me. Sig fit my hand the best. Trigger isn’t great, but functional. Springfield would have been my second choice.

If I was going to get one just for hunting, I’d get a 1911. Sig or any other will be fine for protection.
I've had a couple 10's and if someone wants something with higher capacity the G20 is a very reliable gun and having had one, if high capacity is a prerequisite, the G20 is a good choice but for shooting pleasure I like my Sig TacOps 1911 10mm and it's the one I still have. I have the same model in 45 as well and they're great 1911's.

Looking to buy a 10MM that will mostly sit in a holster on my pack for bowhunting in the midwest but it might make it out west for a few trips as well. Any suggestions between these 3 options? The Sig is about $200 more than the other two and I'm not sure it's worth it? I have also read that there have been some feeding issues with the M and P and I'm not sure if those have been addressed or not. I would be going with the longer barrels on the M and P or Springfield. I believe they are 4.5 inches if I recall correctly.

Thank You!
What feed issues are you referring to with the M&P? I just held all of those models last weekend and the M&P fits my hands by far the best. Now I’m wondering if it’s not the right gun.

I have the Sig. I notice the recoil some.

Here’s what I mean…. I do a lot of pistol shooting. With the XTen, and 180 grain loads, I notice the recoil. It is totally manageable but it’s there. That’s why I will swap to a curved trigger. I think it will take some bite out on my trigger finger.

If I used just the tip of my finger on the trigger, I don’t think I would notice.

grfox92

WKR
What feed issues are you referring to with the M&P? I just held all of those models last weekend and the M&P fits my hands by far the best. Now I’m wondering if it’s not the right gun.
My hunting partner has 500+ rounds through his M&P 10mm including a few boxes of Buffalo bore. There was a failure to feed in the first magazine through the gun. Since then, not one single jam or malfunction.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

My hunting partner has 500+ rounds through his M&P 10mm including a few boxes of Buffalo bore. There was a failure to feed in the first magazine through the gun. Since then, not one single jam or malfunction.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
that’s good to hear! It’s really the only one that fit my hands right with the adjustable backstrap.

DESERT ED

FNG
I have about 75 rounds of Sig 180 FMJ through my X10. No issues yet. I did not notice much recoil with what little I've shot it. On a whim I grabbed the gen 5 G20 yesterday. I haven't shot it yet. I have some Underwood 200 Black cherry on order to see if it'll jam the Sig( according to some online). Sig feels great in the hand and comes with night sights and 2 15 round mags. Glock's supposed to super reliable and comes with 3 15 round mags. I did have to keep the sig mags loaded with 14 rounds for a little bit before I was able to get the 15th round in. And you really have to slam the fully loaded magazine to get it to seat.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
That’s too bad. It’s really the best choice for what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Definitely not the best for me. That grip is the absolute worst i have ever experienced on any pistol. It feels like I'm holding a 2 x 4. There is no way I would ever own one. I'm leaning toward the Springfield or M and P at this point as I don't like that the Sig doesn't have a safety.