Which 10MM: Sig P320 Xten, Springfield XD Elite, or M and P?

fatrascal

WKR
The vast majority of the Glock blow ups are 40 S&W chambered pistols.

All other calibers are rare to non-existent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I've seen that about the .40 but my research showed that with the resurgence of the 10mm it has become another problem child. The .40 is just a shorter 10mm round.
Underwood ammo has come out with a coating for the hardcast 10mm round and on their website they specifically mention that the glock is safe with this bullet. Also, some people like the Underwood Extreme Penetrators as an alternative to lead hard cast. But myself personally would not shoot a noncoated hardcast bullet in a glock. This means that a major hard cast bullet manufacturer recognized the need to build a coated factory made bullet to deal with the lead build up in a glock barrel. But that still does not remedy the issue of the lack of chamber support. Again, you can get a kkm or wolf barrel for $100 to $200. A glock cost $500 give or take. An xdme cost $650. Once yoy get a barrel for the glock it cost the same. But, glock has other issues that i never mentioned. Like plastic guide rod, and only gen 5 g20 has optic capability. The gen 5 g29 has not come out yet and the gen 4 g29 is not optic capable. But you can get one cut into the slide for $200. Glock has other parts that are plastic. Look up 5 upgrades for the glock by Kenny McGill. He actually brings up 7 upgrades but groups 3 of them together. What i'm getting at is all of these upgrades make the glock a $1,100 dollar gun. Or go stock and have no chamber support. Or get an xdme for $650 that is a completed gun. Just my 2 cents.

I've seen that about the .40 but my research showed that with the resurgence of the 10mm it has become another problem child. The .40 is just a shorter 10mm round.
Underwood ammo has come out with a coating for the hardcast 10mm round and on their website they specifically mention that the glock is safe with this bullet. Also, some people like the Underwood Extreme Penetrators as an alternative to lead hard cast. But myself personally would not shoot a noncoated hardcast bullet in a glock. This means that a major hard cast bullet manufacturer recognized the need to build a coated factory made bullet to deal with the lead build up in a glock barrel. But that still does not remedy the issue of the lack of chamber support. Again, you can get a kkm or wolf barrel for $100 to $200. A glock cost $500 give or take. An xdme cost $650. Once yoy get a barrel for the glock it cost the same. But, glock has other issues that i never mentioned. Like plastic guide rod, and only gen 5 g20 has optic capability. The gen 5 g29 has not come out yet and the gen 4 g29 is not optic capable. But you can get one cut into the slide for $200. Glock has other parts that are plastic. Look up 5 upgrades for the glock by Kenny McGill. He actually brings up 7 upgrades but groups 3 of them together. What i'm getting at is all of these upgrades make the glock a $1,100 dollar gun. Or go stock and have no chamber support. Or get an xdme for $650 that is a completed gun. Just my 2 cents.

Not saying you’re wrong but I’m on the Glock forum and have been on the 10mm forum for quite some time and I’ve not heard of a rash of 10mm Guns blowing up due to chamber support and factory loads.

Also I have a Gen 3 Glock 19 that still has the plastic guide rod with +/- 20k rounds on it and no issues. It also still has a plastic mag release.

Coated hard cast bullets are not new, they’ve been around for a while.

Lenny McGill is shilling his products so I take his opinion lightly.

There is a reason that Glock is one of if not the highest selling handgun on the planet. It’s because they are a simple design and just work. Some have had problems but not enough to complicate the design with unnecessary items like other manufacturers have implemented in their guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fatrascal

WKR
Not saying you’re wrong but I’m on the Glock forum and have been on the 10mm forum for quite some time and I’ve not heard of a rash of 10mm Guns blowing up due to chamber support and factory loads.

Also I have a Gen 3 Glock 19 that still has the plastic guide rod with +/- 20k rounds on it and no issues. It also still has a plastic mag release.

Coated hard cast bullets are not new, they’ve been around for a while.

Lenny McGill is shilling his products so I take his opinion lightly.

There is a reason that Glock is one of if not the highest selling handgun on the planet. It’s because they are a simple design and just work. Some have had problems but not enough to complicate the design with unnecessary items like other manufacturers have implemented in their guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D Texas, well i'm gonna say that we have a good problem to have. And that is we got a few 10mm's to choose from. Been a pleasure debating with you. Good luck with this years tags and see you on the next post. Fatrascal.

Beendare

WKR
That pic of the pistol that blew up looks like an HK...but they don't make a 10mm. There is a lot of inexperienced folks shooting pistols and frankly, I'm surprised there aren't more blow up like this.

[I thought about converting my USP to a .45 super....but not germane to the discussion]

Guys love to tweak their guns...and I've seen a lot of problems with buddies G20's that did.

I tested the crud out of my Stock G20 with over 700rds of HC and checked it and empty cartridges every 50rds- no problem if you clean it once in a blue moon [or every 300-400rds of HC.

It's funny that some claim Glock doesn't know how to build a barrel...or chamber their guns properly. There was a big test in one of the gun mags years ago testing Glock barrels against all of the after market barrels- Glock was right there at the top.

Yes, the chambers on the KKM barrels are a couple thousandths tighter which helps with accuracy. Glocks are defensive handguns- designed to work - EVERYTIME. Is that what you want when defending yourself and feeding a defensive round- A tight chamber?

Not me......

Yes, the chambers on the KKM barrels are a couple thousandths tighter which helps with accuracy. Glocks are defensive handguns- designed to work - EVERYTIME. Is that what you want when defending yourself and feeding a defensive round- A tight chamber?

Not me......

Exactly.

I’ve got the xten. I didn’t care for the flat trigger that came with so I changed it out for a curved apex.
I’ve got glocks and a 1911. I love the feel of the sig

Attachments

• IMG_5721.jpeg
    IMG_5721.jpeg
    402 KB · Views: 30
I just got the new release M&P 10mm PC. Husband has a Springfield XD-M Elite compact 10mm coming this week. We’re going to have a shoot-out this weekend (not at each other this time).
Last weekend I put 150 rounds through the M&P, no hint of failing to feed or other failures. I plan to run some hard cast this weekend to see how the stock recoil spring performs. Maybe a magazine spring issue?
I plan to upgrade to a 22lb spring regardless, but having trouble locating one online.

Reactions: NSI

Benaslam

FNG
Looking to buy my boyfriend a 10mm for Christmas, he has absolutely no idea and will be a surprise. Looking for a 10mm for our trips to Montana where we disperse tent camp and fly fish. I am looking at the SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD-M® Elite 10mm 4.5" OSP™ w/ HEX Dragonfly. Is this a good choice?

Looking to buy my boyfriend a 10mm for Christmas, he has absolutely no idea and will be a surprise. Looking for a 10mm for our trips to Montana where we disperse tent camp and fly fish. I am looking at the SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD-M Elite 10mm 4.5" OSP w/ HEX Dragonfly. Is this a good choice?
Yep! The Springfield 10mms, Glock 20s, and FN510s are good to go 10mms.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Looking to buy my boyfriend a 10mm for Christmas, he has absolutely no idea and will be a surprise. Looking for a 10mm for our trips to Montana where we disperse tent camp and fly fish. I am looking at the SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD-M® Elite 10mm 4.5" OSP™ w/ HEX Dragonfly. Is this a good choice?
Two words: Gift Certificate
Buy him a pistol case with a gift card inside to be spent on the pistol of his choice

BjornF16

WKR
I just got the new release M&P 10mm PC. Husband has a Springfield XD-M Elite compact 10mm coming this week. We’re going to have a shoot-out this weekend (not at each other this time).
Last weekend I put 150 rounds through the M&P, no hint of failing to feed or other failures. I plan to run some hard cast this weekend to see how the stock recoil spring performs. Maybe a magazine spring issue?
I plan to upgrade to a 22lb spring regardless, but having trouble locating one online.
What were the results of your shootout?

What were the results of your shootout?
Mine: 180gr ammo shoots like a dream! Handles beautifully, recoils like a 9mm, grip is fantastic. Downside: it is VERY persnickety about what hardcast it will tolerate. Underwood will drop mags in a heartbeat. Buffalo Bore will F2F. Grizzly is good, Velo is good, and the weak HSM Bear Load is no problem.
This is with 24lb recoil assembly and stronger mag springs.

His (Springfield XD-M Elite) had multiple F2F issues. To date, he has ran about 600+ rounds through it, different ammo brands, and cannot get through 2 magazines without multiple feed issues. This is with range ammo, 180 grain. It’s bad. He changed out the mag springs and same issue. He’s sending it to Springfield with a nasty note to fix it.
He prefers mine with grip, recoil, and accuracy. He was about to buy the shorter 4.5 version because he loved the grip of mine so much but couldn’t get past how persnickety mine is about hardcast.

What we ultimately took to Kodiak:
Me: my S&W M&P 2.0 PC with Grizzly 240gr
Him: Glock 20 with Grizzly 240gr (better to share ammo)

grfox92

WKR
Where do you hear/read this?

I have the newer version MP10 and it feeds flawlessly. I have the 4.5 inch and it’s what I carry when in the woods. Zero complaints and about to put a red dot on it.
View attachment 626395
I read it with the first pistols that came out. We have 2 in my group including mine. My buddy has over 500 rounds, a mix of Hardcast Bearloads and FMJ. I have 2 boxes of FMJ, and 2 boxes of HSM 200gr bear loads. Between both of us, not one jamb, or failure to feed. Love the gun.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I read it with the first pistols that came out. We have 2 in my group including mine. My buddy has over 500 rounds, a mix of Hardcast Bearloads and FMJ. I have 2 boxes of FMJ, and 2 boxes of HSM 200gr bear loads. Between both of us, not one jamb, or failure to feed. Love the gun.

Yeah ok that’s what I was wondering. They stopped producing the MP10 on the first go round due to a design/feeding issue.

The new ones that are out now have been updated and those problems are gone as far as I know.

HSM Bear Load hardcast is weak. If you look at the fps, it is not on par with Underwood, Buffalo Bore, Velo, etc.
For a true test of reliability, you need to run multiple brands, multiple mags, and upwards of 240gr to be sure.
If you are staring Mr. Bear in the face, you don’t want to find out that Underwood 220gr drops your mags. There are multiple reports of this problem with the S&W 2.0 10mm and I’ve experienced it first hand several times, with a witness that I was not touching off the mag release.
This is a problem with the new pistols also.

grfox92

WKR
HSM Bear Load hardcast is weak. If you look at the fps, it is not on par with Underwood, Buffalo Bore, Velo, etc.
For a true test of reliability, you need to run multiple brands, multiple mags, and upwards of 240gr to be sure.
If you are staring Mr. Bear in the face, you don’t want to find out that Underwood 220gr drops your mags. There are multiple reports of this problem with the S&W 2.0 10mm and I’ve experienced it first hand several times, with a witness that I was not touching off the mag release.
This is a problem with the new pistols also.
Interesting. Weak or not the HSM is available locally everywhere and nothing else is. CNS hit with HSM, Buffalo Bore or anything else will have the same result.

Now the mag dropping I haven't heard of, I'll have to look into it.