Who's Moose Hunting Alaska 2021?!?

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be trying to get one. Sadly I had a good hunting area all picked but I moved to Wasilla and it just won't work in.my old area. Probably going to hunt on foot, possibly with a packraft. I might buy a bigger one or trailer two Kokopellis down the river. Should be an adventure.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I brought one last time and am bringing it again this year, I think it’s worth it! Just wish it were a little easier to carry around

You can just run a loop of webbing or cord through it, it won’t change the sound and you’ll have a way to lash it to the outside of a pack.

I drilled 2 holes in mine and ran cord through that way. Much easier to carry.

BowMan86

FNG
I started a thread similar to this last year as I was getting ready for my first Alaska experience... It was one I'll never forget. Unfortunately I won't be going back this year but am already booked for the 2022 season.

I thought it would be cool to start a thread for all the guys headed up north this year for moose and bounce things off one another. Not that this will help trying to get through the next couple months without going crazy thinking about the hunt haha.

Thank God traveling won't be as chaotic as it was last year with covid tests and travel permits.

I'm living through all you guys this year so lets keep the anticipation high and good luck to all!
My 11 year old son drew a cow tag for Point McKenzie. We are looking forward to that. Starts Aug 25th.

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider
My partner and I head out from Eagle River on the 28th of August and come home on the 18th of Sept, we are spending the first 3-4 days looking to fill my DCUA sheep tag then the rest of the time chasing bulls. I've been hunting this same area since about 93-94 so I know it like the back of my hand. This will be one of my longest hunts to date, thank god we have a shower in camp.

ndbuck09

WKR
My buddy and I are heading out to the bush on Sept 1 and out Sept 13th for our first moose hunt. Should be a great time! Can't wait to get airborne in that Cub

OP
Robinhood21
Bad think is I just found out yesterday that I'm going, so I need to get to work

Oh man that makes it even more exciting! Atleast you already know what to expect for the most part. Lucky you were able to find a partner in record time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hessticles

Lil-Rokslider
Oh man that makes it even more exciting! Atleast you already know what to expect for the most part. Lucky you were able to find a partner in record time

Kinda funny, kid that was booked this year was hitting me up for info over the last couple years and he just had his buddy back out due to health problems so he asked me. Pretty lucky, 2 cancelations in 2 years

OP
Robinhood21
Kinda funny, kid that was booked this year was hitting me up for info over the last couple years and he just had his buddy back out due to health problems so he asked me. Pretty lucky, 2 cancelations in 2 years

That’ll be pretty cool. Last minute trips are fun. Don’t do it like me and plan them years and years before Then have to go through all the pain and suffering waiting for you your time to shine LOL