Wrestling a Grizz to the death

tater

WKR
I’ve seen enough Winnie the Pooh episodes to know that a bear will be significantly slowed down if he gets his head stuck in a honey pot. Thus, I always carry a honey pot with me in grizzle bear country. If I get charged, all I have to do is line up the honey pot with his head and I’m good to go. No handgun, bear spray, or wrasslin’ moves needed. Plus if I get a rumbly in my tumbly, just reach in and get myself a handful of honey. It’s literally the perfect plan.
I feel ya.
It's only is really "Huntin' Like Pooh (HLP)" if you are rockin' a red shirt and no pants as you cruise through the mountains.
Think of it as minimalism at its finest. Light, fast and focused.
Besides, it's hard to carry a handgun or spray with no belt...

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I dont think any of us have a chance in hell of pulling off any kind of moves on the bear. I know this is in good fun but there is an element of seriousness to this. Go watch this bear fight.

Gtscotty

FNG
I usually just have the bear chase me towards a big hole and when the time is right, juke to the side and Leonidas-kick him down the hole.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
How does that work? Will not be quick enough to draw, aim, shoot with a gun ; but will with spray? While stying upwind so I don’t get blow back in my own face?

The rest of the advice makes sense - clean camp, aware of surroundings, extreme caution around carcass and kill site.

Avoid the bear and keep distance is best
Exactly, i have practiced with both. I can draw , shoot and hit a paint can at 20yds in 1.56 seconds , on a shoot timer. Spray takes twice as long and im usually half choking to death after. lol

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
Buy a Tikka, bears can smell the awesomeness of WBR (the world's best rifle according to the Slide..;) ) and they will fear you too much to attack. If you are bowhunting, maybe a Tikka logoed hat will do the trick.
only a Tikka Flat Bill

finner

Lil-Rokslider
adesanya-costa.gif

Pop that griz with a couple hip thrusts on the way out for style points

Buy a Tikka, bears can smell the awesomeness of WBR (the world's best rifle according to the Slide..;) ) and they will fear you too much to attack. If you are bowhunting, maybe a Tikka logoed hat will do the trick.
A lightweight alternative is to just walk around displaying a 77 TMK. Likely just wearing one on a necklace would do the trick.

Maybe some bow stickers that say "my other weapon is a 223 with 77 TMKs" are in order

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
Bring two tall boys of Keystone Light and smash em together like Stone Cold when you see a grizz. He should just turn away knowing how serious you are.

Rear nekid choke simultaneously with an arm bar while in half guard followed by a flying backfist and a hammer fist ought to do

years of research has shown that putting tape on the bottom of their feet will distract them long enough to throw 2 Chinese stars in the neck. if that doesn't work try throwing a pickle at them. every hunter should carry an emergency pickle, this testing has been conducted on my cat many times and has proven effective.
if all else fails, just curl up on the ground and cry like a baby. this will cause the bear to feel sorry for you and likely walk away laughing at you. for extra insurance, crap your pants.