WY Draw Reaults

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
Went online to check earlier today and saw that. Wish more states would give firm date for the draws. I imagine their system may crash about that time.

TheCougar

WKR
Picked up a second choice general deer tag in Region A. Total meat hunt for anything with antlers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFK

WKR
I struck out. Area I put in for had 80% chance of drawing last year. Fell to 50% in 2019. Pretty decent increase in applicants year over year. Congrats to those that drew.

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
Am I reading the leftover reports correct that there are zero leftover loose tags available, or does that get updated again prior to the 24th?

My brother and I were hoping to do an antelope hunt in one of the more limited access units. We both put in as a second choice to not burn our single point. With the lower quotas, he didn’t draw. I drew and as icing we both put in for region c muley - I drew that as well (and of course he didn’t). So now I have 2 tags and my partner has none. With the region c we would have flexibility in other lope units but it looks like nothing is available?

Hopefully I can convince him to still take vacation without a tag in his pocket. By the way, these are the first limited tags I have ever drawn in my life (not that limited but it’s something)

ndbuck09

WKR
I struck out. Area I put in for had 80% chance of drawing last year. Fell to 50% in 2019. Pretty decent increase in applicants year over year. Congrats to those that drew.

How are you seeing the stats for the drawing already??

Edit: I found it :) I am so pissed right now because my wife and I didn't draw due to 100 more people putting in with 1 point in our unit; we had .5 point each since we split my point applying together.

Last edited:

ndbuck09

WKR
I'm so PISSSED because all of these hunting "insiders" keep talking about boosting hunter numbers and all that. Literally everything is getting more crowded!!!!!!!!!!! Spots, Draws etc.!!!!

I'm increasingly feeling that this narrative is soley focused on bringing in a bigger market for more people spending money on their products!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atfrith

FNG
Missed out as well. My unit was 100% last year and applicants increased SUBSTANTIALLY which put it around 33% this year.

At least the GF drew, this will be her first big game animal so i'm really looking forward to that. And i'll have plenty of moose meat anyway :p

I guess the sun does shine on a dog's butt every once and while...drew a tag in 17..not the best unit but never been to WY and had zero points. Gonna be a great week away from civilization even if I do have to eat my tag.

The cupboard is bare as far as leftovers. Those odds are going to suck on any of those tags for deer or proghorn public land tags. Plenty of type 2 tags left for prongs

Lots of point creep in the unit we’re going. Glad we chose the special draw, sounds like a pretty similar story across the board