Wyoming Elk - Where are you applying?

Wyoming Elk 2024 - Where are you applying

• Total voters

LFC911

WKR
Just another WY elk thread...let's see if we can predict where the trends of point creep are leaning. Cast vote above.

Last edited:

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
LE and getting another point. Will have 6 for 2025 season and hoping this year will shake a few things out.

OP
LFC911

LFC911

WKR
@Elktaco Please don't post units...don't want to spot burn and get this thread locked. Just looking for general (regular or special) or or LE zones...nothing specific

robtattoo

WKR
I'm halfway considering putting back in for a type 6 this year.
I blew all my points on a Gen last year, but found an awesome spot that I want to revisit.

I'd given up on Wyoming, but after this past season.....

Last edited:

Wyo_hntr

WKR
People get wrapped up in points. Why not look to the random pool draw odds in the limited entry? Looks like some tags were 100% draw odds....of course they were type 4 antlerless tags. But if you want to elk hunt....

I think it would benefit everyone if they did away with preference points or converted to bonus points.

lintond

WKR
People get wrapped up in points. Why not look to the random pool draw odds in the limited entry? Looks like some tags were 100% draw odds....of course they were type 4 antlerless tags. But if you want to elk hunt....

I think it would benefit everyone if they did away with preference points or converted to bonus points.

Bonus pts end up being similar to preference pts with the odds heavily skewed towards top pt holders. Random is the best for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Not the highest point holders or anybody that is just about to have the number needed to draw their planned area.
You're right. My statement was incorrect. It would help everyone except those who want to wait 20yrs between elk hunts.

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
I actually was gonna put in for unit 100 but I thought I'd try and throw everyone else off by saying I was putting in for unit 111. I actually think I raised my chance of drawing by 1.38%.

OP
LFC911

LFC911

WKR
Interesting poll results...any statisticians on RS that can tell me if the responses are statistically significant? What is the confidence interval or do we need a bigger sample?

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Having 4 pp and planning to apply for a general tag, the 3 regional options make things more difficult. I may never get there:(

Last edited:
OP
LFC911

LFC911

WKR
Updated 1.16.24...the biggest surprise to me is how many are going to apply in the West Special...evidently $2k isn't a deal breaker.
WY Gen 1.16.2024.JPG