Wyoming nonresident elk draw thread!

Wapiti23

FNG
Brother and I for .5 average on points. Can’t wait to get my general tag! 😂 Can’t get drawn if you don’t apply. Worth noting that I cashed in my 11 points for a LE tag two years ago so I suppose I can wait a little.

OP
B
Brother and I for .5 average on points. Can’t wait to get my general tag! 😂 Can’t get drawn if you don’t apply. Worth noting that I cashed in my 11 points for a LE tag two years ago so I suppose I can wait a little.

That is the benefit of allocating a certain percentage to random draw. WY’s system is certainly not perfect but I like that aspect of it.

That said that’s a lot of money to tie up for months without interest these days!

FlyGuy

WKR
Buddy and I are in for a general with 4 pts. Thought we had one locked up last year with 3 but then… covid. Needed 3.5 to be a sure thing. Hopefully 4 seals the deal this year b/c I’m real worried next year will take 8 points for a gen tag. If so, there is a good chance this year will be the last time I ever elk hunt in WY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buddy and I are in for a general with 4 pts. Thought we had one locked up last year with 3 but then… covid. Needed 3.5 to be a sure thing. Hopefully 4 seals the deal this year b/c I’m real worried next year will take 8 points for a gen tag. If so, there is a good chance this year will be the last time I ever elk hunt in WY.

I hope it won't take more than 4 next year for General. My son and I have been collecting points for the last three years. We may put in for a general next year.

friczech

FNG

Hunting partner and I are in with 14 points each, which is cutting it close as it took about that to draw last year. 🤞

OP
B
6pts - 100%
5pts > 50%

(Also I hope I'm wrong)
I’m guessing regular draw for a general tag is going to have a marked increase in point creep due to point dumping with 90/10 looming, probably close to what you guessed.

I’m hoping there isn’t much change to the special draw.

If you have a bunch of points and want to dump them for a general tag, why spring for special?

6pts - 100%
5pts > 50%

(Also I hope I'm wrong)
Holy fkn gloom and doom. I don’t think I could spend a week elk hunting with someone with such little confidence. I’ll bet you the cost of my license in the special drawing that you’re wrong? Care to take that bet???

Sky is falling! Lol

I’m guessing regular draw for a general tag is going to have a marked increase in point creep due to point dumping with 90/10 looming, probably close to what you guessed.

I’m hoping there isn’t much change to the special draw.

If you have a bunch of points and want to dump them for a general tag, why spring for special?
The split doesn’t affect general elk licenses. Yes it affects LQ elk tags but point holders have no need to jump on a general license this year.

The split doesn’t affect general elk licenses. Yes it affects LQ elk tags but point holders have no need to jump on a general license this year.
Agree. But about 90% of the hunters I talk to do think it reduces general licenses, for whatever reason, so wouldn't be shocked if people dumped points on general this year.

Last edited:
Agree. But about 90% of the hunters I talk to do think it affects general licenses, for whatever reason, so wouldn't be shocked if people dumped points on general this year.
So you’re saying that odds should be great next year? That’s how this elk hunter thinks. Always optimistic!