Y’all think Ammo is bad? - EDIT: Baby Formula Shortage, Rokslide is AWESOME

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
I feel your pain. I have an almost 3mo old and my wife continuously monitors the internet (target, sam's club, etc.) for baby formula, ready to feed and powder mix. Generic powder seems to be more readily available in grocery stores. Post up what all types of formula you're looking for and we'll keep an eye open.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Garbage people. I'm not generally one to gripe about "price gouging" but flipping food or water is pretty low. Flipping baby food is downright disgusting.

I'm heading to Costco tomorrow, I'll see what they have and pick you up some if you'd like.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Thanks guys, here is a pic of the generic Target brand, I’ll grab a pic of the WalMart one at lunch:

C93496AC-DC31-4720-A4D2-9715726ED82B.jpeg

CorbLand

WKR
My cousin had a baby in spring of 2020 and they struggled to find formula back then. I remember the worry on his face when I talked to him. The saying "it takes a village to raise a child" was very true at that point. He had people watching and buying within two hours so they could get it.

I have to run to the store today, I will swing by that aisle and see if there is any here.

Last edited:
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
This is the Wal Mart generic:

8ffd673c-057c-4130-b587-33a137c2cb7c.915c1dcf5b5336661855dc0572a8e102.jpeg

I know there are groups that do breastmilk drives to help take up the slack for families that can't meet the needs due to sickness or other issues. Might be worth getting connected with a local group just as a back up.

I don't know if there are issues going between formula and breastmilk but it would be worth having the information.

16d7cafb8eb2a0ae3c23a26b7ee8e7b9.jpg
whipped into the target near me since I had time. Pretty barren here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t spot any of the specific ones you posted.
7cace4b14053cf696c0158ccc8bd3f76.jpg

Closest thing they had to what you posted and only had two cans of it.

Sizthediz

WKR
This is not about wants, like ammo, this is more about needs not the free market. There are women out there with issues where they can not breast feed. Pressure needs to be placed on PayPal and Ebay and any other auction site to ban these kinds of auctions. Wheres the line cancer meds. Diabetes meds. Seriously the auction sites need to step up.

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll swing by that section of the store whenever I am in.

Curious, what is a "normal" price for formula? Pardon my ignorance.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
We have had good luck ordering from Costco online for our daughter. You could look there as well.

Thanks just checked that, hadn't thought about it because we don't have one local. They are sold out online but this would be the equivalent generic there:

imageService

Thanks man. Thats what they look like around here too.

I’ll bounce around and check a few other spots. Let me ask a buddy where they are finding it for their newborn. She has acid reflux and I know they are on a specific formula but it’s been super tough for them too.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll swing by that section of the store whenever I am in.

Curious, what is a "normal" price for formula? Pardon my ignorance.

That one ebay auction for 3 of the 35ish oz containers is now over $100/can, at first we were seeing $30-$40 for Similac and $15-$25 for generic.

Oldffemt

WKR
I didn't even know this was an issue until about 2 weeks ago. Seen a number where 44% of baby formula is produced in CHINA!!?? WTF!!!
America needs to start producing its own products again to avoid this crap.
Fortunately my kids are nearly grown but this is crazy. How can you live with yourself when you know you are gouging your neighbors for something that supports innocent life. We need to produce our own food and medical supplies in this country and find some morals again. My wife and I poured as much time as possible into my sons and it is paying off. We went without a lot of things that we could have “afforded” when they were young. They also never had the latest and greatest of anything growing up. We spent our money on being around them and providing quality life experiences for them. They are both amazing young men because we put in the time to ensure they wouldn’t end up any other way. My 20 year old was thanking me for these values just last night as he is working his way through med school, being creative and paying his own tuition!
Sorry for the rant, I just can’t believe how greedy some have become. For the good of our country and our children (the future) please teach your children well. Kindness and compassion are rare and more valuable every day.

CorbLand

WKR
Thanks just checked that, hadn't thought about it because we don't have one local. They are sold out online but this would be the equivalent generic there:

imageService
What about Sams Club? We have one of those in town. I dont know shit about formula.

rclouse79

WKR
Of all the slimy ways to make a buck, this ranks right up there. These are probably the same effers trying to scam old people.