Y’all think Ammo is bad? - EDIT: Baby Formula Shortage, Rokslide is AWESOME

CorbLand

WKR
Fortunately my kids are nearly grown but this is crazy. How can you live with yourself when you know you are gouging your neighbors for something that supports innocent life. We need to produce our own food and medical supplies in this country and find some morals again. My wife and I poured as much time as possible into my sons and it is paying off. We went without a lot of things that we could have “afforded” when they were young. They also never had the latest and greatest of anything growing up. We spent our money on being around them and providing quality life experiences for them. They are both amazing young men because we put in the time to ensure they wouldn’t end up any other way. My 20 year old was thanking me for these values just last night as he is working his way through med school, being creative and paying his own tuition!
Sorry for the rant, I just can’t believe how greedy some have become. For the good of our country and our children (the future) please teach your children well. Kindness and compassion are rare and more valuable every day.
There's a lot of assholes in the world but look at this thread. In less than two pages, I would bet there is no less than 5 people looking to help.

I know every situation is different but I'd strongly encourage your wife to breastfeed. Formula(even high end stuff) is not the same or anywhere as good as breastmilk. Totally understand that some women cannot so don't take offense, but there is a difference

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
What about Sams Club? We have one of those in town. I dont know shit about formula.

Looks like this would be it:

Formula-Advantage-front-big.png

CHSD

WKR
I live in a small town and last time I looked we had a fair supply at our Walmart. If people want to pm me their cell numbers so that when I go to the store I can shoot them a text of what the store has. My thought is this would be a quicker response rather than a pm as I don't always check my pm while at the store. I'm just trying to think of the best way to communicate.

rclouse79

WKR
When people did this with hand sanitizer weren't there websites that banned them from selling it online? I bet these yellow bellied scum bags wouldn't have the balls to charge these prices to a new mom face to face.

That one ebay auction for 3 of the 35ish oz containers is now over $100/can, at first we were seeing $30-$40 for Similac and $15-$25 for generic.

Just talked to my buddy about how they are finding formula. His 2 methods-
1) find generic that’s the same (which you are doing)
2) they call their insurance which has a supplier and they send them what they can when they get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Just talked to my buddy about how they are finding formula. His 2 methods-
1) find generic that’s the same (which you are doing)
2) they call their insurance which has a supplier and they send them what they can when they get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting idea on the insurance, thanks!

Thanks guys, here is a pic of the generic Target brand, I’ll grab a pic of the WalMart one at lunch:

View attachment 409358
I think I got 4 of these ordered for pick up as long as target doesn't do anything weird and cancel my drive up order.shoukd get them after work. Hopefully bcan fit 4 in a med or large flat rate USPS box. I'll pm you for your address if it all works out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220509-061158.png
    Screenshot_20220509-061158.png
    208.3 KB · Views: 52
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
I think I got 4 of these ordered for pick up as long as target doesn't do anything weird and cancel my drive up order.shoukd get them after work. Hopefully bcan fit 4 in a med or large flat rate USPS box. I'll pm you for your address if it all works out

Awesome thank you!

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks just checked that, hadn't thought about it because we don't have one local. They are sold out online but this would be the equivalent generic there:

imageService

My wife and I are going through the same thing with our 3 month old. Thankfully my dad was able to find us a couple cans and we supplement with breast milk but doing daycare 4 days a week, the stock pile goes quick.

Our local Costco had that formula you posted a picture of, if you still need some, let me know and I can go try and pick some up for you.

There is a special place in hell reserved for people making money on flipping formula.

PaHunter86

Lil-Rokslider
I will be keeping my eye out for you! I also forwarded the picture of the type you need to my wife. She is always going to Costco, BJ's, and Walmart.

I also don't get how people can do this type of thing to children and sleep at night! Karma is a bitch and it will come around 3 fold to the people who are gouging parents!

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
My wife and I are going through the same thing with our 3 month old. Thankfully my dad was able to find us a couple cans and we supplement with breast milk but doing daycare 4 days a week, the stock pile goes quick.

Our local Costco had that formula you posted a picture of, if you still need some, let me know and I can go try and pick some up for you.

There is a special place in hell reserved for people making money on flipping formula.

Thank you sir.

All you guys are awesome, even if nothing pans out just the effort is incredible and as I said earlier that wasn't the intent of the thread. I was just angry last night when I saw the eBay thing and posted here, where I spend most of my idle time.

I bet this will change my wife's opinion on how I spend so much time on "my hunting site with my internet friends" :D

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
I have access to military commissaries and they usually have stuff in stock, let me know if you would like me to check. They tend to get less exposure to the outside world so more stuff in stock

Nice, if you happen to go by one please do look. I'm guessing they wouldn't carry a generic, so the name brand Similac Pro Advance.

If @bojangles808 was successful that gets us roughly 4 week's worth to go on top of the two weeks or so we have.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Become a costco member and buy it there. I've never not seen it available on their shelves.

Closest one is a few hours away, I checked online and it said not available for shipping or at that one that is closest to me.

@Brock A is checking his Costco, between a couple from there and the ones it looks like @bojangles808 got at Target I think we will be set for now, don't want to hoard too much because I know there are tons of other parents in scramble mode right now too.

Again - everyone in this thread is awesome!