Darn tough socks..... which model ?

Darn tough users.....

What Model are you wearing and for which activity/weather combo? Also do you use a liner sock. Thx

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
1405 Full cushion. I also just picked up some of the full cushion cool max socks. I like these for the summer time.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
T3006 are a little thicker but I love a sock that goes over the calf so it doesn’t fall down at all while hiking. Awesome

xcutter

WKR
I have several models of the Darn Tough socks. Each model have a different thickness. I dial in which socks feels best with which boot. Some boots are more roomy so I use a thicker sock. Some tighter in fit so require a thinner sock. For example I bought the Schnee's Timberline boot this spring and the perfect socks seems to be the Darn Tough 2012 for me.

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sold on "Darn Tough" socks. I have 6 pairs that I bought last October that all needed sent in already for holes in them. Literally every single sock has at least one hole worn through. Waiting on their warranty department and then we will see how the new ones hold up. Not worth the money if they won't even last a year.

Rock-o

WKR
Hunter Over-The-Calf Extra Cushion

I have liners but don't wear them. My boots are Crispi Hunter GTX (200g Gore). Coldest temp I've worn the combo in so far is low 20s. Felt great. I've also worn them for short periods (~1 hour at a time) in low 70s. Too warm for me. Only did that because I didn't have another sock option at the time.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Darn tough users.....

What Model are you wearing and for which activity/weather combo? Also do you use a liner sock. Thx

I run a poly liner with the over the calf, extra Full cushion Hunter. I’m a big guy(6’1, 325) and these are the first pair of socks I’ve ever owned that will stay up!

Couldn’t be happier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graves14

WKR
I'm not sold on "Darn Tough" socks. I have 6 pairs that I bought last October that all needed sent in already for holes in them. Literally every single sock has at least one hole worn through. Waiting on their warranty department and then we will see how the new ones hold up. Not worth the money if they won't even last a year.

that’s crazy I have 5-6 pairs of the micro crew hikers and I can barely tell which are 5 years old and which are new!

I hope that quality hasn’t changed recently

jdmaxwell

WKR
Breakaway Micro crew Ultralight..
All I wear for everything..work, hiking, hunting. Wear 2 pair hiking, hunting.

I’ve had some issues with a couple different models as well. I wear them daily though so they see a lot of use. But it’s hard to beat the Darn Tough warranty. So far they’ve given me credit for every pair I’ve sent in.

I have all several different styles but largely prefer the mid weight hiker styles, even when it get down cold. The “Hunter” sock is to heavy for 95% of my hunting and rambling

Darn tough users.....

I suggest you call DarnTough, and speak with a customer service rep. Tell them exactly what you will be using the socks for, and they will tell you which ones will work best. They will exchange them for you if you don't like them, even after they have been worn. They also come with a lifetime warranty, so if they ever wear out, Darntough will replace them free.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
that’s crazy I have 5-6 pairs of the micro crew hikers and I can barely tell which are 5 years old and which are new!

I hope that quality hasn’t changed recently
Same here. I have three pairs I wear daily and they all will look brand new.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

willidru

WKR
Not sure if I understand the question, but the 1403 are a great all around sock and my go to for hiking and hunting. When I’m hunting 3rd season Colorado or shooting ducks in December the 2013 are the over the calf socks that I like when I need to stay warmer.