$500 budget for 10x42 Binos

Brother and I are going after elk in 2021. He has never been on a western hunt and has to buy all the gear. I'd like to get him some binos as a gift, and am looking at the Meopta Meopro 10x42s. Any other bino recommendations in the 500 and under price range, or feedback on the Meopta Meopro 10x42?

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't used the meopros but I was was searching in that price range last year. I was able to pick up a vortex razor 10x42 for around $500 on rokslide classifieds. If I had not found those I probably would have gone with the maven c1 10x42

Are you or your brother military or ex military. If so apply for vet discount with meopta. It’s pretty sweet.

Last edited:

BiggMc

FNG
For me that is a very interesting binocular. On the one hand I am impressed by its astigmatism and distortion correction, a sensibly-sized field, not especially susceptible to chromatic aberration, and slight light fall-off near the edge

Rodéo

WKR
See if Tract has any deals on the Toric that would bring it down to $500, if not, they're worth retail. Other than that, I think leupold bx-4's are the next best I've looked through in that price range.

I think you are on the right track. I would also look at the Nikon model that fall into your budget. Might be surprised.

Storman

FNG
Brother and I are going after elk in 2021. He has never been on a western hunt and has to buy all the gear. I'd like to get him some binos as a gift, and am looking at the Meopta Meopro 10x42s. Any other bino recommendations in the 500 and under price range, or feedback on the Meopta Meopro 10x42?
Meopta is a good choice also leupold bx4 . Please for the love of good stay away from vortex! Don’t let the “warranty” or the celebrity hunters steer you that way. Remember they are paid big money to use them and say they are good. Also they give incentives to push their product.

I thought I’d lost mine a week before my Montana hunt this year (I’d hung them on a chair and a shirt over them) and quickly Amazoned a pair of Steiner Predators that were really impressive. Will echo, stay away from value priced vortex options.

sektr

FNG
Meoptas and Leupold BX4

Also continuously hearing how great the Maven C1 is at the price and how it bats out of its weight class. Haven't used them, but if their relative quality to price ratio is as good as the B1 and B3 I'd think they're a great choice too.

CCH

WKR
Did the same research (best $500 binos) a couple of weeks ago for my son and am now waiting on some Meopros from Cameraland. Call Doug and you'll be below your budget on those. Can't testify about them personally yet, but everything I found on them was positive.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
While it is just slightly above that price range, the Viper HD 10x42 binoculars would be another great choice to look at! These will sell in store for $549.99.

If you have any questions on anything, please let me know :)

Firehawk

WKR
Viper HD, Maven C1, Meopta Meopro (no personal experience, but a lot of positive reviews out there), Athlon etc. A good Aluminum tripod and a binocular adapter will get you a lot of awesome views out West and could be doable for really close to your budget number.

The Viper was on sale for $299 over the Black Friday sales at BPS and possibly other locations.

Last edited:

Now through the 12th, they are offering 10% off

grfox92

WKR
Maven C1s compete with $800 glass. The choice is easy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk