Alone TV Show- contestants sponsorsed?

OP
idahomuleys

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't seen the current season but have watched most of them. I never really got the impression that they were sponsored by any gear companies. It does seem likely that they probably get a gear stipend from the production. The camera never intentionally shows labeling and I don't recall a single time that a contestant has mentioned a piece of gear by brand name. You also have to consider that most viewers have no idea nor care what camo pattern a guy is wearing.

Early on, I was surprised that there were not more people wearing high end hunting clothes. It's definitely picked up over the last few years.
I'm not saying the show is sponsored by a gear company but the contestants themselves. The show wouldn't show labels or air the contestants talking about certain brands if they had no benefit, so they don't. If I were going on the show, I would reach out to a brand telling them that I was going on Alone in an effort to get free gear. Something tells me it would work. Cheap advertising shown to millions of people. Even if they dont air brand names, the camo patterns are recognizable and nearly all of the high end gear they were is camo.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
I'm not saying the show is sponsored by a gear company but the contestants themselves. The show wouldn't show labels or air the contestants talking about certain brands if they had no benefit, so they don't. If I were going on the show, I would reach out to a brand telling them that I was going on Alone in an effort to get free gear. Something tells me it would work. Cheap advertising shown to millions of people. Even if they dont air brand names, the camo patterns are recognizable and nearly all of the high end gear they were is camo.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
That's the exact reason all the top brands create their own patterns now. Instant brand recognition. Very smart move.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I too watch the show and enjoy it.
My guess most of contestants (i would)pick out quality gear knowing it needs to protect them and keep them warm. I do not believe them to be sponsored.

For some gear that must be given to contestants my guess they dont get to choose brands/colors/etc. im basing this comment on this fact:
I wont say what season or what brand or product it was. But a company i work for had product end up on there few times. Once it was pretty obvious and across many contestants.
i was as surprised to see it on there as was my marketing team when i asked them about it.
So my guess producers sometimes have to provide certain gear to contestants. And when u look at their production budgets it really is no big deal to buy quality gear to give/seed to contestants. So once again my company did NOT provide it nor were we aware. But i was happy to see it on TV

ChrisS

WKR
They all got Kelty packs a few seasons ago. Sometimes they'll tape out logos. IDK. Clay Hayes was on there and he had all FL, and is still sponsored by FL. In the first few seasons, there were folks showing up in random walmart/bass pro hunting gear or 70-year old army-navy surplus.

I haven't watched in a few seasons, not sure what they're on now.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Is it strange that I'm batting 1.000 as soon as I see the contestants for each season I can point out who WON'T win, based 100% off of their haircut, footwear(ones who go barefoot), and clothes? So first impressions I can eliminate 50% or higher and say they won't win. And they don't.

My wife thinks I'm crazy.