Any insight on Lone Wolf?

LostArra

WKR
I was looking to purchase new straps for my Lock-ons. Been a few years and need to replace them.
Do you hang and hunt? Or leave these stands out for a season or longer?
You might look at the rope mod rather than a strap with buckle. Less weight and noise.

OP
Billy Goat
Do you hang and hunt? Or leave these stands out for a season or longer?
You might look at the rope mod rather than a strap with buckle. Less weight and noise.

These are for leave out for period stands.

I don't trust the rope mods on them. They would probably be fine, but I don't totally trust amsteel and such being in the sun for a few months along with everything else.

LostArra

WKR
Agree.
For hang and hunt just a day or two the ropes work fine. I use the rope mods when I take a stand to the elk woods and set up on a wallow. I don't use amsteel but they are very secure.

I tried a Lone Wolf a few years ago and it was a death trap. It wouldn’t grip a tree for nothing….

blackdawg

WKR
I tried a Lone Wolf a few years ago and it was a death trap. It wouldn’t grip a tree for nothing….

If it was a hang on that is peculiar. I don’t know anyone anywhere that can’t get a hang on LW to stick in virtually all tree species. I know nothing of the climbers, Summit guy for decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk