Arizona CC hits coming Friday...

Blackcow

WKR
^^^ Yep. If I was a non resident I’d be more excited that I might get a tag in the random draw than confident I was going to draw with “max points” since they changed it a few years back.

^^^ Yep. If I was a non resident I’d be more excited that I might get a tag in the random draw than confident I was going to draw with “max points” since they changed it a few years back.
According to gohunt I have 3% odds of drawing my first choice and 100% of my second as a non resident. We’ll see, you never know 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m sure with the rise in applicants this year I’m nowhere near guaranteed for second choice.

Blackcow

WKR
Even if the numbers stayed the same from last year, it’s only 100% if the bonus cap hasn’t been met. Since only 5% nr tags are eligible in the bonus pass, the other 5% go to the 1-2 random with lower point holders. Higher points give you a better chance at a lower assigned number, but then it’s possible for a 5 point holder to to get a lower number than say a 15pt. It happens. Before the change, some hunts were filled with max point holders in the nr 10% and never made it to bonus pass, with max point holders left over for next year. There was a possibility that if you just started, you’d buy your license, pay your app fees, and arguably never have a chance at drawing that tag in your lifetime.

Yeah I inde
Even if the numbers stayed the same from last year, it’s only 100% if the bonus cap hasn’t been met. Since only 5% nr tags are eligible in the bonus pass, the other 5% go to the 1-2 random with lower point holders. Higher points give you a better chance at a lower assigned number, but then it’s possible for a 5 point holder to to get a lower number than say a 15pt. It happens. Before the change, some hunts were filled with max point holders in the nr 10% and never made it to bonus pass, with max point holders left over for next year. There was a possibility that if you just started, you’d buy your license, pay your app fees, and arguably never have a chance at drawing that tag in your lifetime
Yeah I understand that. We’ve had “100% odds” for 2 years now but are still unsecessful each year while others I know draw our unit with 3-5 points so I’ve read up on the process well.

Blackcow

WKR
Hopefully this is your year then! I was at max for antelope as a resident for 3 years before I blew em on another unit, and 3 for an elk tag before I drew it. So I just don’t always put much faith in max points. Especially for antelope. All those years I waited, my best friend drew 1 rifle and 2 archery tags, random, for the same unit. Bad luck on my part

Hopefully this is your year then! I was at max for antelope as a resident for 3 years before I blew em on another unit, and 3 for an elk tag before I drew it. So I just don’t always put much faith in max points. Especially for antelope. All those years I waited, my best friend drew 1 rifle and 2 archery tags, random, for the same unit.
I hope it’s our year! I apply for the units my grandfather grew up hunting and I’d love to go while he can still hitch along. There isn’t a tag I’ve dreamed of more, all I can do is hope.

Who thinks its gonna be in the morning? if it doesn't happen tomorrow morning I'm hoping and praying for Friday.

Trott2478

FNG
On the other Arizona thread someone commented that f&g told them it would not occur until next week. Don’t know if that is factual or not?

gearguywb

WKR
I feel like an ugly girl standing on the sidelines at the high school dance. Yep, I have a chance, but not much of one :)

RoJo

WKR
Anything can happen (to some extent). 5-6 years ago I drew the early season rifle tag for bull elk in unit 10 with 3 points.

A friend and his son both drew early bull tags in unit 10 one year on separate apps. My friend had several points, but his son didn't. We called in this bull for the son:

49554532331_a1ff2a20df_b.jpg

My friend got a nice bull after I left.