Best hunting long range scope

JGRaider

WKR
Any jackass can kick at a barn, but it takes a carpenter to build one.

Personally, I'd rather learn from the carpenter.
Depends on who you believe the carpenter is, doesn't it? FWIW, I never said his results weren't what actually happened either. 99% of hunters will never subject their equipment to that level of abuse, ever, in spite of what they say online.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
How would you rate the glass in the trijicon? This scope has come up a bunch if times in this thread even through all the bickering. Haha. I don't have a local dealer to look through these. Credo or tenmile. Would they be comparable to mark 5, nx8, razor, ect? Thanks
Glass is excellent IMO on the Credo, I have not laid my hands on the Tenmile. I would suspect it is the same glass based on price-point with the Tenmile being FFP. Probably a tiny bit below the Mark 5 but I have not done a side by side. Euro-optic has a good return policy as long as scope is not mounted. May be your best bet to order your top 2-3 contenders and then keep the best to your eye.

fwafwow

WKR
What does this "rookie numbers" even mean, specifically?
Great question JGrater.

Although the title of the movie might be deceiving, The Wolf of Wall Street is actually a very important movie when it comes to hunting. (And probably more broadly for outdoorsy stuff, or life generally.) It is a true story. Anyway, at a pivotal point in the movie, one of the main characters (Mark Hanna - as seen below and wonderfully played by Matthew McConaughey) encourages his apprentice (Leonardo DiCaptrio) to try harder at something (not actually at hunting, but the same approach applies) and says "Those are rookie numbers...."

Make sense now?

89cyh5.jpg

WKR
Depends on who you believe the carpenter is, doesn't it?

100 percent. You have built your barn of experiences and knowledge over a lifetime of hunting tons of animals. I get that. But most of us can't see that one.

What we can see is the one built here with tons of info and tips and a designed test with results. Those that see the potential benefits of that information and apply it for themselves typically appreciate the value it brings. For those that appreciate it, it can be frustrating to see others seemingly devalue it.

Some people get a little more defensive than necessary sometimes, but surely you can understand their point of view.

CorbLand

WKR
Moot doesn't live in South Carolina 😉
I always figure most people are smart enough to realize that when discussing things like this, you have to speak in generalities and its up each individual to take the information and apply it to their own lives and personal needs.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Depends on who you believe the carpenter is, doesn't it? FWIW, I never said his results weren't what actually happened either. 99% of hunters will never subject their equipment to that level of abuse, ever, in spite of what they say online.
So what's the super secret proven JG delivery system that "never loses zero in decades and 10 lifetimes of killing"? What rifle, scope, and mounting system? I will buy it and build it exactly to your proven specs and test it and make a video. Let's go JG. Post it up.

KenLee

WKR
I've hunted deer in South Carolina quite a bit. I haven't noticed an inability to see deer in legal light for really any of the scopes I've owned. Which ones have disappointed you in that regard?
All except Leicas, Z8i, Polar.
Accupoint 56mm and Zeiss V4 are good,
but give out before 60 minutes after sunset on dark evenings.
Most popular scopes are done 20 minutes before end of legal hunting

JGRaider

WKR
So what's the super secret proven JG delivery system that "never loses zero in decades and 10 lifetimes of killing"? What rifle, scope, and mounting system? I will buy it and build it exactly to your proven specs and test it and make a video. Let's go JG. Post it up.
Use lots of them, keep the good ones, from actual use, not what some internet wannabe like you says. You're attempt at character assassination is weak, very weak, and I have nothing I need to prove to you or anyone else around here. Go over to 24HCF and search for my pics if you're that curious, or ask around. Put your big boy pants on though......it's a tough crowd.