Bugle Report

sneaky

"DADDY"
Maybe I've missed it, but there's usually a thread going for local reports. I've just gotten in from a week on the road for work. Heading up to MT tomorrow or Tuesday to get my elk season going.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
No bugles yet. A few cows - but no bulls near them.

Colorado -11,600 feet and 5 miles into a wilderness (no other hunters) in the areas I was in.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
So far my buddies have reported sporadic bugling. Seems to be pretty consistent so far from state to state.

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in for this thread as well. Headed to Montana in a week for 10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mireland62887

Lil-Rokslider
We leave tomorrow morning for a Roosevelt hunt. Reports are only a handful of bugles at night, but we have two weeks. Hopefully it will get going.

No bugles the first 2 days/nights here in MT. Cows are alone still and bulls are just starting to spar with each other in their groups. Warm weather isn’t helping us but the temps are coming down. Good luck everyone!

beardedbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
No bugles during the day at all. I heard 1 the first night and 3 the next night but absolutely none during the day. Central Idaho.

They are getting started here. Watched a big bull the other day with 20+ cows herding them around and had a little 5x5 chase a cow and calf all over the place. Heard probably 3 or so bulls bugle a few times. In another week it usually gets pretty hot around here rut wise.

We have one herd that mostly keeps to private starting to get pretty vocal, and carry on until about 8am. Quiet on public from what I’ve seen. Central Colorado.

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
I've been out from sunrise to dark the last two days and haven't heard a single bugle, and I've been into elk every day so far, plus the elk are still in their summer patterns here.

coming to glacier in a bit,so i am curious with the heat and fires how that is down there . i love watching them do their thing there

Kmnork

FNG
The city elk of Evergreen, CO are wailing away

chops24

WKR
Some bugles in the Gila right at dark. They’re responding to a location bugle after dark. Big herds have bulls with them

wb8o5

FNG
0 bugles, central ohio

Well you must not live close enough to me... my neighbors get to hear a few every so often... or at least they kind of sound like elk bugles