Celebration Liquor?

I fill up a Nalgene bottle with Knob Creek. Every night I boil up some water in the jet boil, dump in some powdered Gatorade mix and some Knob Creek, mix it up, sit back, and enjoy. Guaranteed to lift the spirits even under the most miserable of conditions.

bz_711

WKR
Captain Morgan Private Stock and Coke is hard for me to beat, if I packed in probably some cinnamon shots to warm me up...but let's be honest - I'll drink anything campmates want to share:)

Yukon Jack
“Yukon Jack is a taste born of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and cabins warm, boldly flavorful yet surprisingly smooth, there is no spirit like Yukon Jack.”

I haven't drank for almost 25 yrs, but that brings back some memories & a smile!

unm1136

WKR
I like to take a flask of good bourbon or good scotch with me, and if car camping, homebrew or decent beer gets the nod...I am learning out of practicality (the cost of age) to save my alcohol for a victory dance (with a good cigar) to be consumed at the trailhead the night before heading back, after the animal(s) are killed, butchered, and hauled. Even if I drop one on last light on the last day of my hunt, I plan to return to camp (at whatever hour,) pack it (generally takes me 60-90 minutes to break camp in the dark) and get some sleep. I almost never plan to have to work the day after returning from a hunt or a camping trip, because so much needs to be done when I get home. I am seriously considering smoking the cigar while breaking camp and waiting to drink the celebratory booze when I get home, but there is something about a staring up at the stars next to a fire and enjoying an adult beverage that lets me imbibe at least one night while I am out.

A while back I had a couple of shots of bourbon in camomile tea and woke up needing to return the rental...I was tired, lazy, and not fully awake, so I unzipped the sleeping bag and tried to arc my stream away from the thermarest. Did I mention I had been drinking? There is now an odd shaped, odd smelling discoloration on the thermarest...Washing by website directions, and even vinegar helps, but does not eliminate it.

Since I hammock camp 90-95 percent of the time getting up to whiz gets old, too. Nice warm down nest, cold night air. It is just downright inconvenient. Every time I look at my setup, wondering if I can be successful without exiting the hammock. Remembering the thermarest stain I decide I don't want to sleep in $200+ down underquilt that smells like piss. Down smells bad enough when damp, and my warm nest will be compromised. The last night of my 2012 hunt was 19 degrees without wind chill.

pat

TJB

FNG
Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey! As the slogan goes, it is truly Rocky Mountain Water! A little goes a long ways! Either that or Pendleton.