Cheapskate Friend problems

Get up and go to the bathroom. Then slip the waitress your card. End of debate. Tell your buddies to get the tip.

I, and others in the group, have used this tactic multiple times. We're onto each other now and it's hard to get away with it. And all of this pay-at-the-pump gas makes it a race to the card slot at times. Maybe we should build a kitty beforehand like rayporter suggests.

Mike 338

WKR
Bring it up to him and let the chips fall. Compatibility doesn't just grow in trees. Should one door close, another will likely open.

Nick87

Lil-Rokslider
And here I thought I was the only one, I've got more than one like that makes you appreciate some of the better hunting buddies you have. Funny how those guys can never figure out why they get asked last to go along!

ridgefire

WKR
We typically do the money in the ash tray method and it works great. Add to it as needed throughout the trip and divvy the remaining money up at the end.

Rob5589

WKR
Sorry man, he isn't that appreciative. Have a sit down and let him know the deal. A good friend will be cool with it and make things right.

Stuie88

FNG
We typically do the money in the ash tray method and it works great. Add to it as needed throughout the trip and divvy the remaining money up at the end.
This is how we do it, works well. Except the money left over goes with who ever brought the vehicle, for wear and tear

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What works even better than a kitty is for ONE person (you) to put all the shared expenses on a credit or debit card. Keep track of the receipts and expenses in a small notebook. Tally it up and split it down the middle after the trip. Of course you need to have the talk with your partner and be sure he agrees with it. No arguing. Nobody pays more than their share. Each person is responsible for their own restaurant meals and food.

Anyone who plays cheapskate with me does it once. If we go together again, they'll be paying their way all the way.

Squirrels

WKR
We let one person put everything on their credit card, we get back that person tallies it up and sends a text for what is owed. I paypal the money immediatly.

I don’t have any friends like that anymore. Had a few though. They are the same ones that take your public land honey holes as well.

OMG I was going to post a reply about my cheap B-I-Law. when I took him elk hunting I flat out told him I was not going to listen to him complain about the price of everything. He toned it down some, but then ended up sniping my public land spot. even though we live a mile apart, I don't hang out with him anymore.

OP
Virginian

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
^ That's just insult to injury. Cheap and sniping your spot.

One thing I hate almost as much as someone not paying is always talking about how they need to get home before I'm ready. You set out a timeline and then they want to cut it short because they "have things to do"

ChrisAU

WKR
Lucky with my group. We took my truck last year, and every time we stopped one would push me away from the gas pump. We rotated who paid for hotel rooms with no drama. We are all aware of the financial health of each other though because we are close. And hell, I was dragging them with me and I had the only tag, I was glad to pick up whatever was needed.

If you can't talk to him about it, then he's not a friend.

Maybe he's in more financial trouble than he is comfortable admitting and needs more help than paying for hunting trips.

Best way to figure out if he's a friend is to be a friend.

That being said, if he clams up or tries some bs, peace son.

S.Clancy

WKR
^ That's just insult to injury. Cheap and sniping your spot.

One thing I hate almost as much as someone not paying is always talking about how they need to get home before I'm ready. You set out a timeline and then they want to cut it short because they "have things to do"

I have a buddy like this. Long story short, we're still buddies, but will only go on day hunts together.

Thunder head

Lil-Rokslider
My best all time was on a rock climbing trip. I stopped and filled up the ford ranger. I think it was like $22. I get back in and my buddy gives me $2 for gas money. I just laughed and threw it in the cup holder.

I like the dude, but hes of the opinion since I have more money than him I should pay more. We don't do any trips out of town anymore.

UtahJimmy

WKR
I, and others in the group, have used this tactic multiple times. We're onto each other now and it's hard to get away with it. And all of this pay-at-the-pump gas makes it a race to the card slot at times. Maybe we should build a kitty beforehand like rayporter suggests.
Credit card roulette is a fun way to settle it. Everyone puts their card in a hat and one person picks blindly. Hopefully you don't have a Ramsey fanatic in the group that doesn't believe in plastic

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk