Co 24’ license allocation…

Gracias Bill! Looks like they are cutting some doe tags around the state, I’m not upset by that as all, maybe we can help of MD out a little

Interesting to see the CPW reduced the tag allotments for deer and elk in the units where the wolves were released.... hmmmm
Those tags were already greatly reduced last year too. Maybe they knew exactly where they were going all along.

Interesting to see the CPW reduced the tag allotments for deer and elk in the units where the wolves were released.... hmmmm
Deer and elk were under target here for a while. But this is on top from a 50% cut in doe tags from 2023... Seriously 220 tags to 10 for does for both 2nd and 3rd rifle?

So the question is why put wolves in under target units with imminent human conflict in the first place?

And to top it off, nearby unit 15 had their doe tags DOUBLED. Make it make sense.

Last edited:
Deer and elk were under target here for a while. But this is on top from a 50% cut in doe tags from 2023... Seriously 220 tags to 10 for does for both 2nd and 3rd rifle?

So the question is why put wolves in under target units with imminent human conflict in the first place?

And to top it off, nearby unit 15 had their doe tags DOUBLED. Make it make sense.
I’d get rid of every MD doe tag west of 25. There’s no surplus anywhere, I don’t give a shit what they try to tell us.

If they manage to ban mountain lion hunting, on top of adding wolves, I think the glory days of CO mule deer will be gone for a while. But that's just a guess.

They managed to reduce the herd of deer in unit 103 by offering excessive doe tags for the last 10 years. I've hunted it for 25 years and know it well. There are easily 80% fewer deer and possibly 90%.

Im hunting 4th season , private , this year for MD. Havent been in 5 years. Got plenty of points to draw again tho. Looks like 100 Either Sex tags available , and only 30 Antlered on public. I know there arent really that many does on the private either. Surprised those tags are still ES>

Back