Comfort Sheep Hunting Items

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
One luxury item I like to bring along: real bacon crumbles. Let’s face it, most everything tastes better with a sprinkle of bacon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have found the best luxury item by far- A Packer!! can pretty much bring whatever extra you want with that and get help packing out your kill!! I am lucky to have a couple friends from the L48 who volunteered to come along on a sheep hunt just to experience it, that is going to save me a lot of weight

trapperJ

Lil-Rokslider
I have found the best luxury item by far- A Packer!! can pretty much bring whatever extra you want with that and get help packing out your kill!! I am lucky to have a couple friends from the L48 who volunteered to come along on a sheep hunt just to experience it, that is going to save me a lot of weight
Agreed!

I had a non res friend go with me a couple of years ago and man was that nice. A big strong tough young man sure made it easy on my aging joints. I payed for all the bush flying so he got to see an amazing part of the world few do for basically free. Was a win/win for sure.

An item I take along that definitely isn’t necessary is one of those old school type 6’ long thin foam Thermarests. It weighs less than a pound but is quite bulky. I just find it so nice to roll up into a seat, backrest or just extra insulation under my sleeping mat. I did however cut 2’ off of it for my upcoming stone hunt.