Cooper tires

I currently have the Cooper Rugged Treks on my F150, I like them so far and they look really good. I’ve had them for about 10k miles, I put them on just before driving from TN to CO in October and they did great. They are louder than I expected but they are a more aggressive tire than I have used in the past so that’s not too surprising. I had the Toto AT2s before this and they were also a very good tire and lasted over 60k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coldtrail

WKR
I've used the AT3's alot, they are a great tire for just about everything. I'd compare them to the BFG All Terrains and give the cooper a advantage with road manners, especially wet pavement & cement, and give the BFG a slight advantage in the snow. I liked the BFGs too, but every set I had never really got balanced well, so they drove me a little nuts on the highway.

Marble

WKR
Need a new set of tires for a 2016 ram 2500 Cummins.

Looking at a few different tires:

Cooper At3 XLT

Cooper rugged trek

Nitto ridge grapplers (currently what I have and have been pretty good)

Truck is used as a hunting truck and to tow a travel trailer a few times a year. Not a daily driver any longer.

Really wanted the stt pro’s but they weigh a lot!

Size is 35x12.5 r20
The one thing I would really listen to are reviews from guys with trucks like yours, 3/4 ton trucks. I have noticed some tires last like they should on 1/2 ton trucks but just don't last on the heavy trucks.

For instance, at work we run an entire fleet of F350s. They are delivering stuff daily and do not go off road very often. It's not heavy loads generally, but it is normal for us to load a truck and then put a trailer on it with more product. The BFG KO tires are awesome and quiet and great on the snow and road. But they do not last on our trucks. We get a 1/3 to half of the life of of them. Probably has to do with the composition of the tire.

The Michelin ATs seem to last the best and offer road snow performance when not worn down. But offroad are unimpressive. After they are partially worn they do not provide the traction off road that other similar AT tires have.

I have been told by the guy I buy tries from that as you want more performance off road from your tire, the less mileage you'll get from them, in general.

Point being, for my personal truck, which sees off road driving weekly, I get something in the middle and it seems like the Cooper AT3 is that. We will see how long they last.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Cooper At3 XLT

Cooper rugged trek

Truck is used as a hunting truck and to tow a travel trailer a few times a year. Not a daily driver any longer.

Size is 35x12.5 r20
I bought a set of AT3 XLT based on recommendations on here. I've got less than 1,000 miles on them, but they've been awesome so far. Mine are 275/65/18.

Jethro

WKR
I did not care for my Cooper AT3 4s. Had them put on brand new 18 Ram 1500 before I ever drove it off lot. Great on black top. On dirt, traction was lacking. At 27,000 miles they would pass state inspection but not enough tread to go through winter. Now have Good Year Ultra Terrain. Much deeper tread, excellent off road traction. Can't comment on longevity, only have couple K on them.

wyosteve

WKR
My 2500 Power Wagon has Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. Truck has 29k miles and tread depth is still 10/32. I'm happy with them and will likely put the same on when they wear out. Just for info- I read recently that Cooper has been bought by either Goodrich or Goodyear, so don't know if that will change their tires. I've run Coopers in the past with good results.

Man I don't have have a lot of experience with AT tires but I'm surprised by the couple guys saying the Toyo open country are not that bad noise wise. Maybe is a certain tire size thing but my buddy has the toyos on his raptor and I think they are awfully loud.

Cooper At3 XLT

Cooper rugged trek

Size is 35x12.5 r20

I just went from the Cooper At3 4S which from my understanding is the same as the XLT but the XLT has a more aggressive sidewall and switched to the Rugged Trek in the 275/ 65 r20 size on my 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi which works out to the equivalent of a 35/ 11.5 tire.

IMO the At3 sucked but that is the exception to the consensus. I bought them originally after reading all the positive reviews especially how well they worked in the rain. For me they hydroplaned so bad even in a light rain i drove at least 10 mph under the speed limit. they were so soft in corners i always felt like I was either going to either slide out or even flip.

The Rugged Trek is IMO nearly perfect. It is night and day better after 5500 miles better than the AT3 ever was in every condition. Significantly better in rain, snow and the corners only slightly more noise than the previous tires with a much more aggressive profile. The only nock is going from a P rated tire to an E rated tire and the extra 18 pounds per tire took me from 23 mph highway to not more than 17- 18mph and local from 16-17 to 14-15mph. With gas over $4 dollars now it adds up.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I drive a 1/4 ton chevy, on the road most of the time, more 4x4 on snow/icy roads hunting than mud on an average year. So take this for what it is...

I had Mastercrafts version of the AT3, then switched to the CooperAT3's. I could tell the composition of the tire was different, I liked the Coopers better. The last set of AT3s I had didn't last terribly long though. I went with Falken Wildpeak AT3s and like them better than the Coopers. Road noise is similar, gas mileage didn't change much, if any, and after a couple of years they are wearing a lot better than the Coopers did. I don't know how they hold up with heavy duty trucks, but I'll be looking at falken again the next time I need tires. (Some of their tires are made in thier Buffalo, NY plant, if that matters)

I'm scheduled next week to get a set of Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxxs in 35x12.5x20.
If you're still debating choices, in a few weeks I can let you know what I think of those anyway.
The st maxx is a pretty decent tire all around. Good treadwear for a heavy pickup and good enough traction in most all conditions. Good heavy construction tire.

I wouldnt run the at3 on a pickup unless it was used entirely on paved roads......and then, there are better choices for that anyway. The at3 is light, because there just isnt much tire there.

MattB

WKR
Had Cooper AT3's on my last truck after a set of BFG KO2's and loved them. When it's time for new tires on my current truck that what I will put on.
Been there, done that. I liked the Coopers quite a bit better than the BFG’s. The latter got really loud as they wore.

I'm scheduled next week to get a set of Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxxs in 35x12.5x20.
If you're still debating choices, in a few weeks I can let you know what I think of those anyway.
The 10 ply ST MAXX tires and have them siped and you will be in business! Cooper's are fantastic tires made here in the USA. I have ran AT3's Coopers on my Ford F150 for years and switched to the more aggressive ST MAXX for better overall traction. They are maybe just a tad noisier on the highway, but the durability and traction seem to be a lot better. I've gone through two hunting seasons with them and they have performed well in the rocks, mud, and snow. Seem to be wearing good also. Rotate them about every 5000 miles.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I have the AT3 XLTs on my 2500 diesel and they have worked out pretty well. I abuse them up in the mountains and haul heavy on pavement. The only knock I can give them is they are wearing pretty quick imo. They are now starting to get pretty slick in the wet stuff and only have around 25k on them.

I have the ST MAXX (235/85/r16 E rated) on my wrangler TJ. Loved the look of them and like skinny tires for the terrain I use it on. They have worn horribly on the jeep but they really weren't intended for that vehicle by design.

KHNC

WKR

Cooper At3 XLT

Cooper rugged trek

Size is 35x12.5 r20
I have preferred the General Grabber At/X . Great all round tire and looks good too.

Fordguy

WKR
I have to say, over the years I've had a lot.of Cooper tires on a lot of trucks and I've never personally been disappointed with any of them. The tires and the customer service from the Cooper dealers has always been top notch. Free flat tire repair or replacement on any Cooper tire whether you bought it from him or not (at the dealer I go to). The only issue I've heard of was from a friend of mine with 10 ply coopers on his 3/4 ton Ford. I don't remember the exact details, but there was some separation in the layers that threw off the balance when the tire had close to 50k miles on it. Only one tire had a problem, and the dealer replaced the entire set at no charge.

Cooper AT3 XLT's for the past two years on my Ram 2500 LWB 4X4. No issues. Buddy just bought a set for his 2019 and he is very pleased. My alternate would have been the General Grabber AT/X , a more aggressive tread. If I was a rancher or was off-road more I would have probably got the Generals.

stdeb11

FNG
On my second set of Cooper ST Maxx's on my Ran 1500. Got about 57k miles out of the last set. No complaints. Great off-road and don't mind them on road at all. Do ok thru the CO winters as well.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
Cooper Rugged Trek's. Love them. Have 17,000 miles on them now and love them as much as the day I got them. Great tire.

Darryle

WKR
I have the Cooper AT3 XLT, great tire but plan on keeping them above 40psi or you will have excessive road noise. I took my truck in to Ford for service, they rotated and lowered the AP to 35psi, road noise was twice what it was leaving afterwards than the trip there. Checked AP once home and returned them to 45psi and viola, no noise on the way to work the following morning.

Agross

WKR
Another vote for the st maxx. Had two sets on my last truck, and when my new truck needs tires, they will go on it too.