Dog names

Trr15

WKR
My red heeler is named Memphis. Best damn dog I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkduds

WKR
Names from literature:
PB160135.JPG
His name was Red when we rescued him, it became Fred in honor of Jerry Reed's dog in Smokey & the Bandit.

100_0600.JPG
Chasing Fred is Bella, we rescued her w that name from Beauty and he Beast (probably most popular female dog name)

IMG_0351small.jpg
Dogging Bella is Rufus. He had no known name when we rescued him. Named for the character Rufus Leaking, in the National Lampoon High School Yearbook. My kind of literature.

RIP to each of you, my 3 dog-children. See you again, beyond the Rainbow Bridge.

bracer40

Lil-Rokslider
When I was choosing names for my last two Brittanys I didn’t want any names that rhymed with common profanities that might be yelled in the field. You know, like mother tucker or hammet....you get the idea😏

Ended up with Riley, Cutter and my gf’s Griff is Finn

Russp17

WKR
This is Birdie. My 9 month old ball of energy.
47e8528772783b797fe07e1deacbac77.jpg

Looks like my guy! This is McCall (he is from Idaho).

Attachments

• McCall.png
    McCall.png
    442.6 KB · Views: 32

drtonkin

FNG
My bro’s drahthaar was Django. Tough SOB and heck of a hunter.

jmcd22

WKR
I came up with a bunch, but in the end he named himself. This is Kona (he looked like a coffee bean at 8 weeks)

2f9bdc91f898bf7b0be9020a63c2de00.jpg

That is a good looking choco! I've always wanted a chocolate but my dad loved the yellows. We put our last yellow down about 3 months ago and it is still fresh in my mind so it may be a while before I can get my chocolate. I am going to name mine Barley when I do finally get him though.

When I was choosing names for my last two Brittanys I didn’t want any names that rhymed with common profanities that might be yelled in the field. You know, like mother tucker or hammet....you get the idea😏

Ended up with Riley, Cutter and my gf’s Griff is Finn

Have a border collie that thinks it's name is god damnit.

Short names for working dogs. 3 border Collies right now are Hemi, Rue, and Bess. Bess also answers to most profanity.

Hunting lab is Cooper. Had to let my girlfriend name him. I was going to call him dingo. She didn't like it.

Drakester

FNG
To get his three daughters involved and bonding with a new to the family Labrador my brother-in-law let them come up with the name. After a short deliberation they announced the new dog was called “Sparkle Diamond Princess”. He was able to negotiate that to just Bella....

tspittmon

FNG
I have a blue heeler named Clover. I hunt whitetail and we picked the name hoping she would be a shed dog. We have found plenty out in the clover food plots where we live. Awesome and intelligent breed!

Bolo4u

FNG
A buddy had a couple of lab hunting dogs, Liberty and Justice

Our yellow lab (rip) was Sanda, as she was a golden sand color.

Our (non-hunting) Goldendoodle pup is Posie
5ae89220417c16deb8b58cfcc4289e10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro