EBike for hunting......any recommendations on make (Rambo, QuietKat, etc) and/or model.

ceejay33

FNG
Looking into getting an ebike for hunting to get in and out. Some of the places I go do not want utv's. (It is private property, not public. It is the landowner's request, so I respect that. They will allow the ebike) Use will be for field roads and logging roads and trails in the woods. Starting on high ground/ridges and dropping down steep terrain to creek bottoms. Any recommendations on a make/model would be great

SDHNTR

WKR
Not a Rambo. If you want quality, spend the money. My Rambo is a pos. Well, the frame and motor is fine, but all the parts are junk.

OP
C

ceejay33

FNG
What model of Rambo do you have? Do you have another brand (quietkat, bakcou, etc) that you would now recommend after your experience with Rambo?

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
I'd recommend getting an ebike from a established and reputable bike company like giant, trek, rocky mountain bikes, specialized, etc. They have all been in the bike business decades longer than any of the "hunting specific" branded ebikes. Way better components and design, can be setup and serviced at your local bike shops, will hold their value a lot more than an off brand and they are comparable in price.

OP
C

ceejay33

FNG
Thanks for the concern.....I currently walk "in and out" all the time, I am simply looking for something a little more efficient. From where I park to the woods is about a mile if I follow the 2 track field road. Some of the best hunting spots are another 3/4 mile. I don't mind the distance but love taking my kids with me. An ebike with a trailer would get them back there with me more easily and make for a more enjoyable experience

cnelk

WKR
Contact John Murphy at Ebike Generation

TheTone

WKR
I'd recommend getting an ebike from a established and reputable bike company like giant, trek, rocky mountain bikes, specialized, etc. They have all been in the bike business decades longer than any of the "hunting specific" branded ebikes. Way better components and design, can be setup and serviced at your local bike shops, will hold their value a lot more than an off brand and they are comparable in price.
This! I think the majority of “hunting” ebikes are coming from the same Chinese assembly line and just getting different stickers put on them. I’ve road a few and the ones from established bike companies were far, far better

SDHNTR

WKR
What model of Rambo do you have? Do you have another brand (quietkat, bakcou, etc) that you would now recommend after your experience with Rambo?
I have a Rambo 750R. Sorry, I can’t make a recommendation. I’ve been turned off by the whole ebike thing once I realized you have to spend $5k+ to get anything decent. Of course, I’ll admit I’m a picky guy when it comes to my stuff. I like quality tools and equipment. I have zero tolerance for junk. I should have done more research before wasting $2500.

SDHNTR

WKR
I’ll also second the recommendation of buying from John at ebike generation. He did everything he could and more to make me happy, including offering to refund my money, which I didn’t think was fair. Not his fault I bought a cheap bike without proper due diligence.

bsnedeker

WKR
This! I think the majority of “hunting” ebikes are coming from the same Chinese assembly line and just getting different stickers put on them. I’ve road a few and the ones from established bike companies were far, far better
This is correct. I've got a rambo, it's fine but has lots of cheap components that should be swapped and it's the same with all the big ebike companies.

if you are handy best way to do it is order a frame and build your own. You won't save money but you'll have a much better quality rig at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a specialized turbo levo and it’s a great ebike. Most of the ebikes from known bike companies are going to be pedal assist, meaning you’ll still have to pedal. I don’t think any of them make a class 2 bike, with a throttle.

Another option is to look into getting a hard tail fatttire bike from a reputable company and then buy a e-motor and battery system and then put that on the bike.

The problem you’re going to have right now is availability, pretty much everything is sold out. I was looking into building one like I mentioned but sourcing a bike is the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
I'd also recommend looking into a non-hunting brand e-bike. If you want a hunting brand then the Backcou I saw in person seemed decent compared to the Rambo and QuietKat that I've briefly looked at. Personally for me I built my own. They will not look as integrated as a factory build. But I was after a specific level of components and a throttle was a must have for me. It took some time and a few mistakes were made along the way, but I have what I want and it's a beast of a bike that isn't available from any manufacturer for any amount of money.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
I'd also recommend looking into a non-hunting brand e-bike. If you want a hunting brand then the Backcou I saw in person seemed decent compared to the Rambo and QuietKat that I've briefly looked at. Personally for me I built my own. They will not look as integrated as a factory build. But I was after a specific level of components and a throttle was a must have for me. It took some time and a few mistakes were made along the way, but I have what I want and it's a beast of a bike that isn't available from any manufacturer for any amount of money.
Pictures??

cnelk

WKR

My RadRover has a throttle

Attachments

• E6099D94-AF54-4766-ABAA-7617529FDF05.jpeg
    E6099D94-AF54-4766-ABAA-7617529FDF05.jpeg
    494.8 KB · Views: 108
I have a RadRover Mini that I use a lot for hunting. It folds in half for easy transport and does well for my type of hunting. I put a rack on the back and can easily put my pack in there and any other gear for transport. Battery life has been fantastic and the power is good. They get two thumbs up from me for my needs.

e52bd328b6dcf46cacac1c4e566b16d7.jpg

0b8e72ad700e030565b2bb30a1e34155.jpg

tdot

WKR
The Super73 looks quite promising, anyone with experience?

That bike is heavy with poor component selection. I built my bike with 5" wide tires, like the Super 73, they are way too big. IMO it'll be great for someone who likes the style of that bike and "offroad" is inner city gravel paths. I'd let someone else guinea pig it in the mountains.