Fat Guy Weekly Weigh In.

rbljack

WKR
Ok....I will get in on this. I started new years day at 238, and I'm 5'8. I've been doing keto and currently at 219 today. My first goal was 218 (dropping 20 pounds from New years till now). With that goal accomplished ( I was 217 on Friday….LOL) this is exactly what I need to take it to Goal number 2 which is 200 pounds. Game on! Great idea Ryan, I like the idea of the accountability to do the weigh in.

mudcat81

FNG
I was looking for some added motivation at the beginning of the year, so I joined the MTNOPS 90 challenge. The pictures really lit the fire. Unfortunately I injured my left forearm the first week of the year so upper body exercises have been non existent so far. I weighed 198 on Jan.1. and I was 178 yesterday (3-4). I am hoping to get to 170 by April 1. Plan is to maintain at 165-170 once I get there. Diet has been the biggest part of my success so far with lots of lower body strength and conditioning.

Magnum61

Lil-Rokslider
I'm new to the forum but I've definitely been down a road that understands a little extra motivation.

Currently 285 - I've swung from 320 to 270 6 times. Been through pretty much every program on the planet.

Moving to LA and my dad having a freak quadruple bypass and his brother having a stroke in the same week got me on the best path I've been on so far. Almost to my middle school waste. I bought my first full set of Sitka gear to celebrate staying at the 280s for almost 2 years.

Happy to be apart of any form of support.

Grundy53

WKR
I'll join. I need all of the accountability I can get lol. Currently 238 started at 265 almost 2 months ago. Goal was 225 but I'm thinking that may not be enough. We'll see when we get there. I've been doing keto. Now I'm also starting to work out. I'm 6'1" for reference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jwpenn

Lil-Rokslider
5'10" started January 1 at 230 got down to 215 mid February then got sick (typical lung/ nasal crud) and have avoided cardio recently. Back up to 220 but I'm gonna start kicking the fat man's ass again. I'm gonna get to 195 by summer.

Everybody is different but I know I have to do 3 times as much cardio as weights cuz if I just lift weights I turn fat into muscle and just weigh too damn much even though I get strong AF. So if you're like me cardio, cardio, cardio to loose weight and weights just the basics to maintain strength.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

okcaveman

FNG
Great thread! In in. Last year I was up to a high of 237 @ 6'2". Cut out "almost" all sugary drinks (weakness for cherry limeade on occasion) and started doing some body weight exercises and jogging (I'm no runner). I was down to 212 before a sickness and surgery put a few pounds back. I'm at 215 right now, and my next goal is 200

efnm

WKR
Shew, not at 6foot4 I’m not. I’m a short 6 foot 1. You ought to be pretty shredded at that height even at 208.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah just lanky with my baby weight still hanging around 30 years later. :/
Down from a high of 235 but still not. quite. there.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
180 checking in...but I am 5'6"

Want to shed down to 165-170 by archery season!

Fatcamp

WKR
The last year and a half have been a doozy. Going back to school, death of my mother, and some injuries have added up to 243#.

Injury free and got a good training set going. I'm in

Did my first weigh-in this morning since October when i was 184....and the scale said 190. I was pretty pleasantly surprised with that, but i do know that my old scale isnt very accurate, but at least its the standard i go by. I have been trying to do portion control, cut out beer and finally with decent weather ride the bike and do some indoor strength stuff once a week. Since im 5-10 lbs under what ihad expected then i will adjust my goal weight to reflect that. Id like to be between 160-165 by at least this time next year. Nothing drastic just continued efforts with cardio and trying to cut a calorie here and there. i Yo-yo too bad with drastic changes.

ChrisAU

WKR
A day late but I want to join, 216. Was ~245ish last June, got down to 208 after my first elk hunt in October. Holidays were rough but I believe some of that weight is muscle. Back at it hard now. Goal is 185 by September. 5' 11". If I can stick to my not very strict diet (no junk food, no soda, no beer*) and keep after it in the gym it shouldn't be an issue. Biggest thing hampering me right now is PF in my left foot, I'm having to learn whole new cardio workouts as I've always just ran.

*During the week

renagde

WKR
For you guys complaining about being ravenously hungry, I encourage you to checkout the keto or carnivore diet. Been doing keto for a few weeks now, but mostly tend towards a carnivore diet. Basically I eat 90% meat. It works great since I'm a hunter, love meat, and have a freezer full of it. I pretty much function on 10g of carbs or less, 120grams or so of protein and around 1700 calories per day. What this does it burns all the bad fat out of the body, but yet I find I don't get hungry as often and it doesn't take near as much to fill me because my diet is all protein. I still workout 3-4 times per week, and now don't get nearly as hungry or snackish as I was before switching my diet.

I did keto for a long time but iwas still hungry and it was unsustainable for me with a family and young child i.e. cooking multiple different meals at once got expensive and hard.

I dont think keto is effective if you do high volume cardio like long trail runs, road rides and mountain bike rides. You can argue all you want that it is, but for me, it isnt. I burn a lot of calories and im hungry.

Magnum61

Lil-Rokslider
Since people will ask, moderate exercise and strict keto. I can help with recipes if anyone is serious about keto.

I have to agree. Keto was what broke my sugar addiction and that helped a lot.

The edge I learned here was that you have to know how to control your testosterone and growth hormone through your food. Keto in LA basically doesn't happen without that when training a cast in under 3 months.

Hope that helps other people.