Fierce Fury vs Seekins PH2 in 300 wm

rkramer

FNG
I am seeing if anyone has experience with either of these or preferably both? I have not read many experiences regarding Seekins and have seen mixed reviews about the Fury (cosmetic flaws, not shooting their guaranteed .5 MOA, and poor customer service).

I am also open to other suggestions within a similar price range, besides Christensen. There are a lot threads about them and it really seems like a toss up if you'll actually get a shooter.

After a couple inaccurate 300wm Havaks, I'm prone to lean towards Fierce. Seekins does have good customer service but it doesn't matter if you've got to burn a year or two and a bunch of reloading/range time, and ammo $ on inaccurate guns.

Not saying you couldn't have the same experience with Fierce though and get worse customer service along with it.

As far as Fierce's half MOA guarantee, an accuracy guarantee based on 3 shots doesn't mean shit. You can put together a random half moa group with a lot of mediocre rifles.

kickemall

WKR
I had a Fury in .300wm that I bought used and it was a really nice shooting gun. One of those I wish I hadn't sold. I also bought a Fierce Rival 300prc from Fierce and the quality control was definitely lacking, customer service was fine. I shoot factory ammo and got good groups from both although not 1/2" but I'm not sure I'm capable of shooting that. Never had a Seekins but after a lot of research into their manufacturing process that's the way I would go.

My PH2 had been pretty good but admittedly I don't have a whole lot of rounds through it yet. Still trying to find powder locally and am shooting through some crappy factory ammo for the cases. That said my 1st group was 3/4 moa. Fit and finish is great and customer service is top notch. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and will make any issue right. Glenn is pretty active in the Seekins FB group and will answer questions pretty readily. I couldn't be happier. I was also looking at the Fierce stuff and Christensen but a friend at work turned me on to Seekins (he has one of their AR's) It's also decently light (26" barrel) at 8.6 lbs with scope.

Attachments

• seekins.jpg
    seekins.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 46

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I went with a Fierce Fury as they had what I wanted (7mm-08 20" Barrel) and couldn't be happier with my decision. Customer service at Fierce was very good as Shawn was very interactive answering my numerous questions. I can't complain about the fit and finish as it is on par if not better than my Montana.
I have very few rounds through it but it did well with the only 7mm-08 ammo readily available. Currently it is naked without a scope as I'm contemplating a different scope.
Personally I believe Fierce and Seekins both make very good rifles and it comes down to personal preference.

OP
rkramer

rkramer

FNG
I appreciate all the opinions, even though it doesn't make the decision any easier hah.

I have two Fury rifles. I have one in 6.5CM and one 300PRC. Both have been great. Being on the fierce forums I would stay from the Rival. I have been to the factory and their long range school. The guys there are awesome. The problem they have is the factory is located in microscopic town and a mile or two from Christensen. They just cant seem to get enough employees so phones go unanswered and it drives people crazy understandably. My last rifle came with the wrong reticle. I sent an email and within hours I had a shipping label and a few weeks later the rifle was back and ready to go. I am a fan of the plane Jane Fury.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer the plain Jane barreled Fury too as it has the Sako clone action vs the Rival using a Remington clone.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Fierce Fury in .300 Win mag. It's a half MOA rifle with three different loads: Barnes 168 ttsx, Nosler 200 grain Acubond, and Hornady 200 grain ELD X, all with H4831. The action is smooth and fantastic. The detachable magazine is probably the best available in my opinion. As to their customer service, I broke an extractor (my fault) and they overnighted me a new extractor at no charge so I'd have it for my elk hunt. Great rifle in my opinion.

Attachments

• tempImagevjp6mj.png
    tempImagevjp6mj.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Sled

WKR
I prefer the plain Jane barreled Fury too as it has the Sako clone action vs the Rival using a Remington clone.

I bought the fury for the sako clone as well. It shoots most ammo reasonable well but the 160gr nosler accubonds will poke a dime sized hole with however many rounds I'll put through it. Kind of fun to keep hitting the same hole with factory ammo in an off the shelf rifle. All that said, I hunt and use my tikkas much more.