Seekins ph2 vs element

Colfaxent

FNG
Could not agree more a few years ago I bought a Browning LRH with McMillan stock it also has large swell. You get used to it quick and I prefer it now, it increased my accuracy as well. It’s just a more natural feel to me the key is your not wrapping your hand around the swell rather keep your thumb up resting on the stock more inline with it.
It makes more sense now after listening to you guys, I like the idea of the thumb on top and pointing down the barrel. Kinda like your thumb on a fly rod!

I have both the ph2 and element. They are both awesome shooting guns. If you aren’t looking for a lighter/shorter rifle save yourself some $$$ and just get the ph2. If you are into backpack hunting and possibly want to run a suppressor get the element. My 6.5prc element is my favorite rifle I own, followed quickly by my ph2 in 300wm. Any other questions about either just let me know.

Oh, and the palm swell is great. Unless someone has tiny hands but even then you would probably get used to it.

Last edited:

Colfaxent

FNG
I have both the ph2 and element. They are both awesome shooting guns. If you aren’t looking for a lighter/shorter rifle save yourself some $$$ and just get the ph2. If you are into backpack hunting and possibly want to run a suppressor get the element. My 6.5prc element is my favorite rifle I own, followed quickly by my ph2 in 300wm. Any other questions about either just let me know.

Oh, and they palm swell is great. Unless someone has tiny hands but even then you would probably get used to it.
I have a Tikka T3x 6.5prc now that shoots 140AB @ 3065 and about 1/4". Also 143 ELDX just a little slower but as accurate. But the Tikka seems to be a bit heavier than I am used to still hunting and feels front heavy. What kinda speed and accuracy are you getting from the element in 6.5 and what bullets? How Accurate is it? Thanks

Blueman75

FNG
Recently picked up an Element in 6.5 PRC but haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Plan on running a suppressor on it but curious how the recoil is on this rifle/caliber?

I have a Tikka T3x 6.5prc now that shoots 140AB @ 3065 and about 1/4". Also 143 ELDX just a little slower but as accurate. But the Tikka seems to be a bit heavier than I am used to still hunting and feels front heavy. What kinda speed and accuracy are you getting from the element in 6.5 and what bullets? How Accurate is it? Thanks
Mild load going 2800 with 156gr Berger’s. Shot a 3/4” 10 shot group a month or so ago.

Recently picked up an Element in 6.5 PRC but haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Plan on running a suppressor on it but curious how the recoil is on this rifle/caliber?
Recoil isn’t bad at all without a suppressor but is even better with a TBAC ultra 5 or 7.

Colfaxent

FNG
Mild load going 2800 with 156gr Berger’s. Shot a 3/4” 10 shot group a month or so ago.
Curious about that 10 shot group, was it continuous shooting or long time between shots. Asking to find out what you thought about the barrel heating up, did it handle the heat ok?

jjam

FNG
I am in the same boat right now. I am looking for a 7prc. All my other rifles are savage including a 110 ultralight in 300wsm which I actually really like. They are making an ultralight in 7prc with a 22" barrel. I really want the 22" barrel, but I also wanted to try a different brand. Just not sure if the price difference is worth it on the element

I'll be using a suppressor. So, I'm still going round and round. I have in-stock notifications set up on all three.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat right now. I am looking for a 7prc. All my other rifles are savage including a 110 ultralight in 300wsm which I actually really like. They are making an ultralight in 7prc with a 22" barrel. I really want the 22" barrel, but I also wanted to try a different brand. Just not sure if the price difference is worth it on the element

I'll be using a suppressor. So, I'm still going round and round. I have in-stock notifications set up on all three.
I have a Savage Ultralight as well and it is a shooter, but everything about the Element is better. The action is way better. I have had extraction issues with my Savage. The stock on the Ultralight is just like every other cheap plastic stock except you can make some adjustments. The stock on the Seekins is very nice for me. The Element is lighter and comes with a rail/bubble level. If you ever should need it Seekins customer service is the best I have seen by a rifle manufacturer. They go above and beyond to make any issue right. Hopefully that helps.

jjam

FNG
It does. Still debating on the Element or getting the ph2 shoot it for a while then put a carbon six 22" barrel on it!

It may come down to which one comes in stock first :). I need to start locating ammo and reloading stuff for the 7prc.

RussDXT

WKR
It does. Still debating on the Element or getting the ph2 shoot it for a while then put a carbon six 22" barrel on it!

It may come down to which one comes in stock first :). I need to start locating ammo and reloading stuff for the 7prc.

Would you save much by going carbon fiber barrel?

I was at Seekins a year ago and asked them about it and they said while they may offer a carbon fiber barrel one day it would only be because it is a consumer demand. They said that the spiral barrels are about the same if not lighter.

jjam

FNG
honestly not really sure if I would loose weight. I just like their barrels. I had one built for 22 creed. The price was cheaper at that time then having an all metal barrel with spiral flutes and it looks good to me :)

Firedad

FNG
I’ve been going back and forth on the 7 prc. Christensen? Seekins? Build on a Tikka? Wait for other manufacturers to buy in? Handled the seekins at scheels and there are pros and cons for myself. Not a huge fan of the look of the spiral flute but not a deal breaker. Element is very light and barrel length is where I want it. Ph2 would be lighter with a 22” but another $550 to put one on? Almost wonder if rebarreling to a different brand for that money.

jjam

FNG
Fierce just threw a monkey wrench in my plans. May have to go that route!

jjam

FNG
they released the rogue today. it is available in a 22" barrel which is also carbon fiber. just at 6lbs and the price is right in the middle of ph2 and element.

I've never run a fierce or seekins so this would be new to me either way. Only problem is 4 months out on build time

Firedad

FNG
they released the rogue today. it is available in a 22" barrel which is also carbon fiber. just at 6lbs and the price is right in the middle of ph2 and element.

I've never run a fierce or seekins so this would be new to me either way. Only problem is 4 months out on build time
Oh great. Yep this might be it

Tell me you’re trying to appeal to Utard and Cali bros without telling me:

Fierce carbon rogue page:
If you are looking to enter the Carbon barrel rifle game, now is your time.