Seekins ph2 vs element

I’m getting ready to place an order on a 7mm prc rifle and am settled on seekins over fierce and Christensen arms. Other than the weight difference and cost does anybody have any reason to go with the ph2 or element over the other?

Clark33

WKR
I personally feel like seekins missed a little with the 26" barrel on the 7PRC PH2, the element has a 22" barrel which reports are showing you'll still be getting 2900ish +- with the Precision Hunter 175eldx.

They will rebarrel any havak action for $550 though

OP
Oregonhuntrboi
I personally feel like seekins missed a little with the 26" barrel on the 7PRC PH2, the element has a 22" barrel which reports are showing you'll still be getting 2900ish +- with the Precision Hunter 175eldx.

They will rebarrel any havak action for $550 though
Sorry I think I’m reading You wrong, you’re saying they that they should have put the 26 inch barrel on the element 7prc? Not the 22 inch? Just speaking from a velocity standpoint ? Have you been able to shoot the element 7prc and have results ? If you do that would be great info! I’m getting ready to order one.

Clark33

WKR
Sorry I think I’m reading You wrong, you’re saying they that they should have put the 26 inch barrel on the element 7prc? Not the 22 inch? Just speaking from a velocity standpoint ? Have you been able to shoot the element 7prc and have results ? If you do that would be great info! I’m getting ready to order one.
No I'm saying I wish they went with something like a 22" barrel on the PH2, the 7PRC has plenty velocity in the 20-22" with the 7mm heavy for caliber rounds.

- This video by Hill Country Rifles has some good info on it.

OP
Oregonhuntrboi
No I'm saying I wish they went with something like a 22" barrel on the PH2, the 7PRC has plenty velocity in the 20-22" with the 7mm heavy for caliber rounds.
Oh I see! That’s partially why I’m deciding on the element over the ph2 due to the 22 inch barrel length. Seems like other manufacturers are going to that 22 inch length on the 7 prc as well.

OP
Oregonhuntrboi

- This video by Hill Country Rifles has some good info on it.
Thanks for sharing the video!

Jonesry09

Lil-Rokslider
I’m getting ready to place an order on a 7mm prc rifle and am settled on seekins over fierce and Christensen arms. Other than the weight difference and cost does anybody have any reason to go with the ph2 or element over the other?
Where are you going to order from? Thinking about ordering a 7mm prc element as well.

Really just depends on what you are going to use it for. I just got an element and love it. A lot of gun for 5.5lbs. I have an NX8 and suppressor on it, loaded it’s under 8.5lbs. Same set up in the PH2 would be over 10lbs and way too long. Do you shoot suppressed? Have a heavy scope? Going to backpack with it a lot? If so, go element, if not, go PH2, both will be shooters.

Colfaxent

FNG
Did it take long to get used to the large palm swell used for hunting? I have only used the traditional stocks and wonder if I will get used to the newer styles.

JCooper

FNG
I was a little worried when I ordered. As soon as it arrived I instantly wondered why all rifles/stocks were not this way! No time needed to make a decision on it. Actually several different people that have held or shot this rifle have purchased the same.

Colfaxent

FNG
I was a little worried when I ordered. As soon as it arrived I instantly wondered why all rifles/stocks were not this way! No time needed to make a decision on it. Actually several different people that have held or shot this rifle have purchased the same.
Thanks, Good to know! Think about one myself in 6.5 PRC.

Did it take long to get used to the large palm swell used for hunting? I have only used the traditional stocks and wonder if I will get used to the newer styles.

It feels different than a traditional stock in that it actually supports your hand being in a position to make a good straight back trigger press. Only possible negative I can think of is it's just something bigger to grip if you're carrying a rifle with two hands. It's a fantastic grip for shooting.

Colfaxent

FNG
It feels different than a traditional stock in that it actually supports your hand being in a position to make a good straight back trigger press. Only possible negative I can think of is it's just something bigger to grip if you're carrying a rifle with two hands. It's a fantastic grip for shooting.
Good point also I do carry my gun with both hands when still hunting. I don't use a sling.

Oilcan

FNG
Could not agree more a few years ago I bought a Browning LRH with McMillan stock it also has large swell. You get used to it quick and I prefer it now, it increased my accuracy as well. It’s just a more natural feel to me the key is your not wrapping your hand around the swell rather keep your thumb up resting on the stock more inline with it.