For the Record

rodney482

WKR
I can tell you what kind of guy Aron is..

I tried to get him to shoot for Athens... Tried to give him a bow..

Aron said I want the bow, but I will pay for it.

Ive heard that 1 time in the 5 years...

When Aron gives out advice on products I am all ears.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Rodney You never tried to get me to Shoot for Athens.......... Id let you give me a bow I swear! =-) Cant believe Aron would hurt your feelings like that.... hahahaha

sorry Couldnt resist =-)

cmeier117

WKR
I talk to him once every couple weeks about some stupid gear questions or about setting up a bow or what have you and he always has time to talk. He even picked up when he and his wife were at the movies. He said he had to go because he was getting the stink eye ;) but he cares and enjoys helping people, and if Jody ever gets on here thanks for letting him talk to me!

Mike7

WKR
Hopefully, Aron knows how many people appreciate his knowledge and guidance.

One of my favorite things about reading posts by Aron is his sense of humor, and also humility in dealing with others who have far less experience than he has. Since he started working for Kifaru he has seemed to make a purposeful effort to mute his responses on many topics, I assume because he wants to be as impartial as possible.

I just hope all of this (internet assholes & working for/with gear companies) doesn't give him a sour taste for helping others and giving his honest opinions along with some humor thrown in. As long as people know of his relationships with particular gear companies and he explains the reasoning of why he liked particular details about certain products he has tested, then I just don't see any problems in him letting loose with all of his opinions.

I'll join in on the suck Fest ;) haha.
I'm good friends with Aron and he is no bullshit. He doesn't push any products on anyone and will never sell out. He promotes real products that work. That's one thing I cannot stand in the hunting industry is they guys who get paid and promote crappy gear. Hi I'm sponsored by target and this Walmart bag is the best because I get paid to say that.
That bugs me. And my point is Aron doesn't do that.

And if he promotes kifaru there is a reason. I don't work for kifaru but I bet I pimp out kifaru even more than Aron. Why? Because it is badass gear. High quality and made in the good ole USA!

Longstride12

Lil-Rokslider
I've never met Aron or talked to him on the phone but when he writes a review I want to read it because I know it is not biased and is 100% accurate, he covers everything. He hunts and packs different than I do. He is a lot more hard core, covers more ground and spends a lot more time out there than I do. He knows his stuff and I have learned a lot from him. Thanks for putting yourself out there to help others Aron! I look forward to a lot more great reviews in the future!

What some people forget, or never knew, is that Aron has been giving out great advice for years, even before Rokslide was a reality. Many of us found out about Rokslide from Aron when we knew him on the Bowsite as TheElkReaper. And this was all before he started working for Kifaru, which was just last year I believe.

Shrek

WKR
Someone needs to make that shirt so all the guys who go on the next Rokslide Colorado rondi can all show up with one on :D .

littlebuf

Banned
ill design one and see who wants to do a group buy. its going to be pink though. and aron may be riding a unicorn

Jager

WKR
Mods/site owners, I would like to ask an honest question for an honest answer.

Was Rokslide setup as a means to make money or just a place to share info for fun?

I put up a post a while ago regarding 'putting yourself out there' as a bit of advice for Aron, this post was obviously taken the wrong way as it was pulled, along with others. The point I was trying to convey, when one is in the media, be it print or television offering advice, there are always going to be differing opinions, it comes with the territory. Yes, Aron, you may be reviewing all this gear because you truly love doing it, however, you paint a huge target on your back for people to take a shot at, it is human nature. A good mate of mine, that has shot more trophy critters across the globe, including guiding in the US for 5 years, than most have even seen, has helped so many younger/inexperienced hunters realise their dreams by going beyond what would be expected reasonable. What did he get for it? Stabbed in the back and ripped off by people he had helped, hunters know wonder why he doesn't share anything anymore, pretty sad really.

I was along for the trip at times when he did paid gear reviews, a VERY difficult task, especially if the advertisers gear was rubbish, and yet he always managed to write positives about the equipment, but in the end, it just spoilt his passion, and that was hunting.

I said it in the post that was pulled, combining a love of something you do and money can make for a very volatile situation, just food for thought

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for all the kind words everyone...much appreciated!

Jager,

We do collect money from anyone that has a banner ad.

I missed the post you're talking about (the one that got deleted), but if you have advice for me, maybe a PM would be best.

Jager

WKR
It wasn't advice so much Aron, just more or less what I have posted above, I have seen decent people done over for simply helping people out.

My post was deleted along with a number of others as the thread had gone downhill, perhaps mine was just amongst the crap.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Gotcha...

I'm sure you're right, but I'm going to keep helping people as much as I can. It's how I got into the outdoor industry, it's what I love to do and at this point, I can't complain.

If an occasional chuckle head bashes me, it's something I can deal with, as the good outweighs the bad.

Good luck to everyone this season!