Guess I’m missing something

netman

WKR
Here’s what I seen for the past couple weeks.
I go to the gym every day Monday through Friday. I’m there from 2-3 hours. It’s a very large gym.
I noticed about ten days ago that there were fewer people there working out.
Last week there were significantly fewer people . So few people that I mentioned it to an employee. She said there had been a large drop off for sure.
Today I go and the number of people working out had significantly increased. I got to looking around and the gym was full of high school students. There were a handful of older folks but the number of teenagers was very noticeable. I’m talking 100+
There were even a large number of grade school/Jr high age kids wandering around and playing basketball.
Most of the kids had on team shirts or hoodies.
I’m not saying anything bad because they got to be doing something but they close the schools to break up the large numbers and then the students gather somewhere else.
After I left the gym I stopped at Walmart to pick up a couple of things. Walmart was packed with folks however there were quite a few high school aged kids there romping around.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Like most things in life, the best outcomes come from a decision-making process that incorporates a variety of perspectives (the US Constitution is a great example). I think it fair not to trust the perspectives of people who immediately invalidate any perspective that doesn't align with theirs.

I would agree that invalidating "perspectives" just for the sake of invalidating would be a mistake. But when there are options on a table that are obviously doomed to failure or just don't pass the logic test for short or long term effects, then those need to be pointed out and debated (some are much better at easily and quickly identifying those than others so that can be a frustrating process). When someone brings 1+1=3 to the table without any other logic to explain that........it's pretty easy to dismiss that early on........even without debate........even though there might be many at the table that actually feel good about that option. ;) And yet, that's the story of life.........and why our Congress and many others can't seem to ever get anything constructive accomplished.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Let's see here........it started with toilet paper, then hand sanitizer, then Clorox and cleaners, water, wipes when TP was gone, MRE's and dehydrated meals, other foods, ammo and guns, cash, and then gold and silver. What's next on the panic buying list? Any ideas????

Since my state closed restaurants, and other places that assemble people, etc, for 30 days.......I would presume that schools will be closed at least that long now. What else will close? Will we go to a full-blown lock down nationwide?

Scrappy

WKR
Here’s what I seen for the past couple weeks.
I go to the gym every day Monday through Friday. I’m there from 2-3 hours. It’s a very large gym.
I noticed about ten days ago that there were fewer people there working out.
Last week there were significantly fewer people . So few people that I mentioned it to an employee. She said there had been a large drop off for sure.
Today I go and the number of people working out had significantly increased. I got to looking around and the gym was full of high school students. There were a handful of older folks but the number of teenagers was very noticeable. I’m talking 100+
There were even a large number of grade school/Jr high age kids wandering around and playing basketball.
Most of the kids had on team shirts or hoodies.
I’m not saying anything bad because they got to be doing something but they close the schools to break up the large numbers and then the students gather somewhere else.
After I left the gym I stopped at Walmart to pick up a couple of things. Walmart was packed with folks however there were quite a few high school aged kids there romping around.
Yup on my way home from work yesterday gangs of kids everywhere, took off on my run through the country and gangs of kids everywhere, after healthy meal of elk stew the wife and I went out for milkshakes. You guessed it gangs of kids everywhere.

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
I'm all for social distancing right now.

The two biggest killers in this country are overeating and a seditary lifestyle. In the US alone roughly 1,000 people die a day from overeating and 1,600ish die from health problems associated with an unhealthy lifestyle.

I understand one is a chosen path and the other is infectious, but if the two GIGANTIC issues were address the infectious parts would have a much less larger impact.

We are social distancing to prevent unnecessary death and to not overwhelm the health case system, yet the two major killers are preventable and take a huge toll on the healthcare community.

End rant. I'd just like us as a nation to be consistent.

Some 19 year old stabbed a two adults and two children at Sam’s Club last night just down the street from my house. Fighting over the last package of chicken. It’s embarrassing how people are acting.

Not accurate. Embarrassing yes, I agree. Were several stabbed yes, but this was a “hate crime” targeting an Asian family in the store shopping because the attacker, a 19 yo, was under the delusion that “all Asians were the cause of spreading the Corona virus” and he was going to take out vengeance on them. The employee got in between the attacker and the kids to save their lives and took down the attacker. No one was fighting over chicken, TP, groceries etc.

netman

WKR
If a group wanted to gather to protest the government response, what would happen?
All I know is don’t do it at the Circle S gas station in Chandler Indiana. Since the gym was closed I went back to hanging out in the gas station with all the old timers. This morning the manager came out and told us we had to disperse and we could not hang out no more until the virus was gone.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Since my state closed restaurants, and other places that assemble people, etc, for 30 days.......I would presume that schools will be closed at least that long now.

Yep, our governor made it official yesterday........all schools closed through at least April 17. My guess is that the virus will still be around on April 17th, so schools will be closed for the school year.