HEAT!!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is absolutely nothing valuable about this thread. I'm just whining, because, well.......I can and I want to.
The temps here in Idaho......and I live in the mountains.......have been unreal. We have had 106....IN LOWMAN and its been pretty much at 100 or near 100 for a long time. Been backpacking every single weekend into a different high country lake but it's also been hotter than hell in that country as well.
I'm ready for snow.
Kinda hoping fuzzy wuzzy or robby will do a rain dance.

Randy

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I took the grandson with me over to Az. right on the Colorado River scouting out our dove area and picked up a few cotton tails why we were there. 118 deg. Sure glad the river was right there. The week before it got to 121.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m supposed to be on my 10 year anniversary trip going from north Idaho to down around North fork, thru the nat. Forest, out thru challis, over to Stanley, check out unit 52 for my elk hunt, then over to cascade. I don’t know if we’re going now. Most of the area I wanted to show my wife is closed due to fires. And the smoke is a little too bad for the kid.

Yarak

WKR
I know you guys out west have had some tuff summer sun
We’ve had a constant monsoon in the southeast
Today at 01000 it was 80 degrees and 94% humidity.....absolutely miserable

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I know you guys out west have had some tuff summer sun
We’ve had a constant monsoon in the southeast
Today at 01000 it was 80 degrees and 94% humidity.....absolutely miserable
Yes, That's miserable. The 118 were in was with about 15% RH.

Broomd

WKR
I’m supposed to be on my 10 year anniversary trip going from north Idaho to down around North fork, thru the nat. Forest, out thru challis, over to Stanley, check out unit 52 for my elk hunt, then over to cascade. I don’t know if we’re going now. Most of the area I wanted to show my wife is closed due to fires. And the smoke is a little too bad for the kid.
Happy 10th! Thankfully that smoke won't dampen what reads like an overall fine situation.

You mean canceling the keystone pipeline didn't bring down temps across the planet?
No but it’s a start.... even if it’s a little too late. if climate Scientists are right ( and I suspect they are) We have already passed the tipping point. This is just gonna get worse and worse with a few good years scattered in there to give climate change deniers some hope. Massive wildfires make a bad CO2 situation even worse and that’s a self feeding cycle. Add in spiraling overpopulation coupled with drought and crop failure and I give our species about 100 years tops. In 50 years we won’t be hunting. Not because of Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi, but because the species we hunt will have very little habitat and will either be extinct or close to it.

If there’s an interplanetary DOW they need to start issuing depredation tags or them humans is just gonna ruin that nice habitat they got there.

I hope to God that I’m wrong, and that those of you who believe the resources of this planet are endless are right. I will gladly eat my hat on this one but unfortunately I’m not gonna have to.

Vandy321

WKR
No but it’s a start.... even if it’s a little too late. if climate Scientists are right ( and I suspect they are) We have already passed the tipping point. This is just gonna get worse and worse with a few good years scattered in there to give climate change deniers some hope. Massive wildfires make a bad CO2 situation even worse and that’s a self feeding cycle. Add in spiraling overpopulation coupled with drought and crop failure and I give our species about 100 years tops. In 50 years we won’t be hunting. Not because of Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi, but because the species we hunt will have very little habitat and will either be extinct or close to it.

If there’s an interplanetary DOW they need to start issuing depredation tags or them humans is just gonna ruin that nice habitat they got there.

I hope to God that I’m wrong, and that those of you who believe the resources of this planet are endless are right. I will gladly eat my hat on this one but unfortunately I’m not gonna have to.
Now that was funny.

Well I'm turning 40 and don't have kids so thats plenty of time for me.

There is absolutely nothing valuable about this thread. I'm just whining, because, well.......I can and I want to.
The temps here in Idaho......and I live in the mountains.......have been unreal. We have had 106....IN LOWMAN and its been pretty much at 100 or near 100 for a long time. Been backpacking every single weekend into a different high country lake but it's also been hotter than hell in that country as well.
I'm ready for snow.
Kinda hoping fuzzy wuzzy or robby will do a rain dance.

Randy
I feel ya.. Im down here in Mnt. Home. I feel like I'm deployed again.. its hot..dusty..there's nothing green..it just feels like your standing in front of a blow dryer when your outside. I opted out of a tag that opens Aug 1st because I don't think it's possible to get all the meat cooled off fast enough.

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
And here I thought it was a worthless and invaluable thread. Keystone pipeline?????
No really, I just wanted to bitch and snivel.

Randy
:ROFLMAO:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I really don't know who's right but, one thing I do know that nobody can deny is, the earth, since the begins of time has gone through cycles. A Good part of the USA including California was buried under a mile of glacier or more and, given time it will be again. I 100 % agree that there are only so many natural resources and at some point there will be far too many people for the resources to support. Maybe nature with these different viruses is telling us something.

WRM

WKR
As they say--it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Our air temp was "only" around 96, but with RH at well over 90% and intermittent brief showers it was like walking into a sauna outside today. "Feels like" was around 109, but that means nothing when your pouring sweat just standing around and your clothes can not dry. Feels like you're wearing an Easy Bake oven. But, that's normal here. Rough on you guys, I'm sure, and I feel for you.

WRM

WKR
I really don't know who's right but, one thing I do know that nobody can deny is, the earth, since the begins of time has gone through cycles. A Good part of the USA including California was buried under a mile of glacier or more and, given time it will be again. I 100 % agree that there are only so many natural resources and at some point there will be far too many people for the resources to support. Maybe nature with these different viruses is telling us something.

It is--that there's too damn many of us. There's a clearing event coming. Too bad it won't be selective.