Help me level up my sleep system

snowplow

WKR
I have a TiGoat vertex 5 tipi. Its about 8.5x9.5 oval. I run it for base camp.

I also have a Bearpaw LaGarita (picture a supertarp with zip doors) for spike camp that l keep in my pack.

I sleep in a bivy with my pad and bag inside.

So in morning l just stuff my fartsack in my pack and go. But l was thinking now that l use a bivy l really dont need rain protection over the lower 2/3 of my body. I could use my tarp for over my head and in front of me for gear and a place to dress or put on boots. So lm thinking l ditch the LaGarita and just grab my old tyvek groundcloth for my tipi.

Does anyone double duty their groundcloth and bivytarp?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think you're gonna end up soaked and miserable eventually

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I have no thoughts on your question but would like to ask your thoughts about the vertex 5. I have one ordered and am anxiously waiting for delivery.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I have no thoughts on your question but would like to ask your thoughts about the vertex 5. I have one ordered and am anxiously waiting for delivery.

I cant even describe how much l love it. It packs really great in a large kifaru pull out with a 4x8 sheet of tyvek. The black diamond carbon cork trekking poles link together and work to pitch it ($$$) OR order a cascade mountain tech replacement lower section and cut it to make a link for whatever poles you already have. After you link your poles take the leftover bottom link and stick the point at the rearmost stake loop. Directly above that is a tie out. I leave a 3' piece of cord on it. If you use 3/16 or so dia cord it will run right through the tensioner flaps on the back of the reakking pole and makes a stupid easy elevated guy out pole. Also take more of that cord and tie it to the top tie out of the tipi. Set it up on flat ground and measure the perfect length center pole. Then make the cord on the top that exact length so you can use it as a stupid quick accurate guide for cutting a centerpole if you need to. And you could tie it to a bent over sapling and run no centerpole as well.

PM me when you get it. I have a really easy system to set it up with perfect stake alignment first time.

Youll love it!

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I asked about it in the tent and sleep forum and didn't get much response. I am super stoked about running this thing. I ordered everything to go with it, versa port, stove boot, vent cover, pole and the stove. Do you run a stove?

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I don't have a stove yet but I want to get one. If you put one little Loop of shock cord on the stake Loop at the bottom of the zipper on one of the doors when you open it and fold the door back open it's perfect to hook that Loop over one of the other stakes and it holds the door open.

Yeah there's not much information on these. It doesn't seem like anyone runs them. I have no idea why? Even just by specs I think they're better than the others. They're taller and lighter. And if you're not worried about when you can pitch it with 6 stakes easy.

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have a stove yet but I want to get one. If you put one little Loop of shock cord on the stake Loop at the bottom of the zipper on one of the doors when you open it and fold the door back open it's perfect to hook that Loop over one of the other stakes and it holds the door open.

Yeah there's not much information on these. It doesn't seem like anyone runs them. I have no idea why? Even just by specs I think they're better than the others. They're taller and lighter. And if you're not worried about when you can pitch it with 6 stakes easy.

Those guys have been good to deal with so far. I've been questioning them about all sorts of stuff for the past two months and they have been real prompt and friendly the whole time.

I will definitely pm you to see what stuff you've got to share.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Those guys have been good to deal with so far. I've been questioning them about all sorts of stuff for the past two months and they have been real prompt and friendly the whole time.

I will definitely pm you to see what stuff you've got to share.

Thats my experience too. PM me when you get stuff in hand. It might not make sense until you see it.