Here it comes

Last edited:

Hootsma

Lil-Rokslider
For those that say “it’s never going to happen”, I present to you below, a list of the major federal firearms prohibition laws that have been enacted in the past.

How many times does it take for the 2nd amendment to get kicked in the crotch before y’all realize it very well can and is happening right before our eyes?

In addition, who here was shocked by Roberts’s ruling on the ObamaCare Supreme Court case? I bring that up for those that are counting votes and point to not having the necessary numbers. We really don’t know what back door shenanigans are occurring and how some of these people are going to vote.

I suggest folks get their heads out of the sand and contact your Reps and Senators before it’s too late.

National Firearms Act ("NFA") (1934): Taxes the manufacture and transfer of, and mandates the registration of Title II weapons such as machine guns, short-barreled rifles and shotguns, heavy weapons, explosive ordnance, suppressors, and disguised or improvised firearms.

Federal Firearms Act of 1938 ("FFA"): Requires that gun manufacturers, importers, and those in the business of selling firearms have a Federal Firearms License (FFL). Prohibits the transfer of firearms to certain classes of people, such as convicted felons.

Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (1968): Prohibited interstate trade in handguns, increased the minimum age to 21 for buying handguns.

Gun Control Act of 1968 ("GCA"): Focuses primarily on regulating interstate commerce in firearms by generally prohibiting interstate firearms transfers except among licensed manufacturers, dealers and importers.

Firearm Owners Protection Act ("FOPA") (1986): Revised and partially repealed the Gun Control Act of 1968. Prohibited the sale to civilians of automatic firearms manufactured after the date of the law's passage. Required ATF approval of transfers of automatic firearms.

Undetectable Firearms Act (1988): Effectively criminalizes, with a few exceptions, the manufacture, importation, sale, shipment, delivery, possession, transfer, or receipt of firearms with less than 3.7 oz of metal content.

Gun-Free School Zones Act (1990): Prohibits unauthorized individuals from knowingly possessing a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.

Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (1993): Requires background checks on most firearm purchasers, depending on seller and venue.

Federal Assault Weapons Ban (1994–2004): Banned semiautomatics that looked like assault weapons and large capacity ammunition feeding devices. The law expired in 2004.

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
Serious question, what percent or number of gun owners do people generally believe will stand and fight? Of my gun owning friends, I'm guessing only 10 percent would, and that's only if there are a lot of other people visibly doing the same. I honestly think we're almost to the point of war, maybe ten years out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Very few. But they'd take pictures with guns so they could post it on social media showing how badass they are 🤷‍♂️

Well May 1 2020 “they” prohibited 1000s of models of firearms here in Canada including basically anything that resembles an Ar15

We had plenty of people that said the same thing as you. I can assure you “they” are coming for our guns, in fact they must be out of my possession by May 1 2022 now.

hope it doesn’t happen to you
Thats a shame. So what are you to do with those?

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Thats a shame. So what are you to do with those?
Government is doing a buy back program. We hand over the firearms and likely get pennies on the dollar OR it seems now they will let us keep them if we get them deactivated (welded solid) and certified.
At the moment these firearms must stay locked up, illegal to use them, sell, or transport.
The AR-15s here had to be registered (and many of the other banned firearms) so there is a paper trail indicating who the owners are. I got a letter a few weeks after the ban indicating my AR is now prohibited.
Government also just introduced legislation that allows municipalities to ban handgun ownership. Most large cities are excited about this so I imagine they are counting the days until legal handgun ownership is no longer a thing in the cities. Owning a handgun in Canada is already a pain as it is.
We likely aren’t far away from single shot firearms being the only thing left if we keep electing liberal governments.

blackdawg

WKR
Government is doing a buy back program. We hand over the firearms and likely get pennies on the dollar OR it seems now they will let us keep them if we get them deactivated (welded solid) and certified.
At the moment these firearms must stay locked up, illegal to use them, sell, or transport.
The AR-15s here had to be registered (and many of the other banned firearms) so there is a paper trail indicating who the owners are. I got a letter a few weeks after the ban indicating my AR is now prohibited.
Government also just introduced legislation that allows municipalities to ban handgun ownership. Most large cities are excited about this so I imagine they are counting the days until legal handgun ownership is no longer a thing in the cities. Owning a handgun in Canada is already a pain as it is.
We likely aren’t far away from single shot firearms being the only thing left if we keep electing liberal governments.

How did they get paper trail? What if you say “had a boating accident”/sold them to friend? How many Canadians will say GFYS to the government? What are the various penalties or charges they would hit you with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
How did they get paper trail? What if you say “had a boating accident”/sold them to friend? How many Canadians will say GFYS to the government? What are the various penalties or charges they would hit you with?

Firearm laws in Canada are federal. Handguns have been required to be registered since the 1930’s, ARs I cant remember if it was the 80s or part of bill C68 in the 90s where they were required to be registered. When a firearm is registered any transfer of ownership needs to approved by the government to another license holder and the paper trail continues. We even require authorizations to transport Restricted firearms.
The only people allowed to misplace firearms here are the police (nothing but respect for LEOs it just seems statistically a lot of misplaced restricted/prohibs here are from law enforcement). Misplacing a registered gun would likely have some significant repercussions.
It is a complicated system here. All firearms are classified as non-restricted, restricted or prohibited. Basically the only ppl who have a prohibited license are those that owned firearms classified as prohibited when C68 was made into law in the 90s and they were grandfathered in (When they die the guns can be transferred to another prohib license holder only so eventually these guns will all be destroyed as this population ages). For instance I’m too young at 34 to have held a license in the 90s so no prohibs for me.....ever.
Anything restricted and prohibited is registered (paper trail) and from ~98-2012 ALL firearms in Canada needed to be registered. The non restricted registry was abolished in ~2012 with a conservative government.
A bunch of non restricted firearms were made prohibs in May 2020. These won’t have a paper trail and I suspect, like New Zealand, there will be some amount of non compliance for handing them in. Even then they will be safe queens. I think the pandemic has shown just how likely non compliance is (don’t jump down my throat if you are for or against restrictions it’s just an example!!)
So the AR-15 I purchased in 2009ish when I got a restricted license is now deemed prohibited (I could be wrong but I don’t think there is a single example of a mass shooting in Canada with an AR?). Previously the lower was the only part deemed restricted but they revised the law so any AR lower or upper is prohib.
Worse still is that our federal police force reclassified a number of non restricted firearms as prohibs that were not even listed on the order in council. So there are many law abiding individuals who are likely criminals yet don’t know it while using their legally purchased guns.
Should also mention with C68 some prohibs were taken from owners by the police (literally came for their guns).

along with these laws came mandatory minimum sentences IIRC. So if you want to test your luck you are going to lose 100s of thousands in court and likely go to jail for a period of time as well as never be able to own any type of firearm legally for the rest of your life.

So long story short. We face an erosion of firearms ownership here. Laws have been put into place that have and will continue to waste billions of dollars which could have been used in ways that would actually combat firearm related violence/deaths (Education, mental health programs, law enforcement, etc.)
It’s vote buying and panders to the majority of our population rooted in the big cities whose only exposure to firearms comes from watching the news and seeing crimes committed by unlicensed criminals with illegally acquired firearms. Obviously not effected by any new laws.

Sorry for the rant. I’m not a lawyer and I could be wrong in some of the info I posted. Just want you guys down south to see another example of sweeping loss of firearms rights and ownership. Obviously you have the 2nd amendment and other laws that I am totally unaware of which hopefully make it harder to lose but they’ll keep trying and if you sit back and turn a blind eye it could happen to you too.

pirogue

WKR
name me 10 republican Senators that would vote for this.

I'll give you 3, 4 at best...Collins, Romney, Toomey and MAYBE Murkowski

and i'd bet at a minumum Steve Daines (MT) is a no...if so that makes 11 republican votes needed.
That tree hugger Collins is always going with the Dems

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
Everybody who says it's not going to happen is foolish. READ BRODIE'S POST!!! It is going to happen!!! QUIT BEING STUPID AND BLIND!!!!!

Everybody who says it's not going to happen is foolish. READ BRODIE'S POST!!! It is going to happen!!! QUIT BEING STUPID AND BLIND!!!!!
what is just is stupid, I've been a member of a boating forum for years, guys are all the time making threads about a pretend boating accident where they lost all their firearms.
what good is a gun you have to hide for the rest of your life?

Vandy321

WKR
How much did you pay the NRA this year...and why couldn't all that money stop this bill from passing the house?

And why are you yelling? Can't get your point across without name calling? So just to confirm, because I don't share your fear mongeing beliefs, I'm stupid and blind?

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
So the one question I havnt seen any where is how do we charge these politicians with treason? How do we "legally " prosecute these people that are taking away our rights?

Boiler

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry, didn't mean to scare anybody with my "yelling". You're right, we just disagree. I hope your right and I'm wrong. Shouldn't have name-called either. Not really confident that the NRA has enough clout to continue to fight this although I do appreciate their efforts. I'm of the opinion that unless a lot of people see and believe that this is a real threat and vote accordingly we're doomed eventually. Political ground is very difficult to recover, and I'm afraid it's getting awfully late in the game. Like most, I should do more, but it's a big fight to jump into from my position. Ironically, I convinced myself to make the offending post as my way of supporting "my side".
I guess with all of the "emergency covid orders", constant media misinformation, and the "writing on the wall" on the other side of the border, what you see as fear mongering, I see as an obvious plan of attack. I mean it's not like we're putting words in their mouth, the anti-gun left no longer hides their intentions. Maybe they don't mean what they say, or maybe they will see what happened in Canada and say "Oh that is a bad idea after all", but I think they are dead serious, see Canada as a huge victory, and will continue to fight for as long as it takes, or until it's no longer politically effective.
Anyway, sorry to offend with my all caps. post.

Yep. I stated it earlier. Republicans and Democrats are opposite sides of the same coin. President Trump exposed it, and both sides hated him for it.

I agree with this completely. But when no one on the democratic ticket votes the way I would vote, and Trump is no longer in the picture, gotta vote one way or the other.

How much did you pay the NRA this year...and why couldn't all that money stop this bill from passing the house?

And why are you yelling? Can't get your point across without name calling? So just to confirm, because I don't share your fear mongeing beliefs, I'm stupid and blind?

"A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.” ~ Frederick Douglas, fight against Jim Crow​

What have right now is the ballot box. Problem is, too many clueless people don't know what a ballot box is really for...

gabenzeke

WKR
The quote is shits going to get real. Shits getting deep mean it’s all nonsense and not real.

this is dumb. Nothing is at the point of war.
I have a friend who served in the special forces who believes it's coming. He was always hard liberal. Now he's been working out and buying weapons because he's that sure it's coming. I know of a couple groups having meetings about what a new government might look like. You may not be at that point, but I promise you, some people are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk