Hoffman Explorer Boot Review Thread ***Updated 2/12/20***

Has anyone had any troubles breaking them in?
I bought my regular size 9 wide and I had to return for a 9.5 wide. Been wearing them around the shop to work in and thought I was getting them broke in, but today I went out looking for a bear and I made it 100 yards from the truck before my feet were dying. It was a rough day wearing them.

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
Another few View attachment 127331View attachment 127332View attachment 127334day grinding in the elk woods of nidaho...followed a harem master another 6x7 I believe as not far from this recent pic giving low key bugles to avoid the wolf detection to many of his rubs and beds with his harem good times but he gave me the slip on two days the boots will lead you right to where they were hours prior🥳
What did you use to seal the rand to the leather?

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The product I’ve been using forseveral years on the rand of my boots is called freesole. I’ve applied a fine layer and have reapplied as needed. 3AC55D07-4EFF-4B3A-9970-C4F99264FEEE.png

Birddog1

FNG
I just wanted to add my two cents to this. I just got a pair of the 8 inch uninsulated boots on Friday. One thing that stood out, the 8 inch Explorers are just about the same height as the Crispi Idaho‘s (10”) I have. So far just wearing them around the house, in the yard and even to the office today. The comfort was great right from day one, extremely comfortable and much better than Crispi for me. I do like the insole that it comes with. I emailed Jim today and told him how much I like them, even considering an insulated pair now. He said they have a new insulated version coming out soon. I did see another post in this thread that said Obenauf’s can cause the rand to separate from the boot - anybody else have issues using it? I used Obenauf‘s LP on mine so wondering if something else should be used in the future.

I just wanted to add my two cents to this. I just got a pair of the 8 inch uninsulated boots on Friday. One thing that stood out, the 8 inch Explorers are just about the same height as the Crispi Idaho‘s (10”) I have. So far just wearing them around the house, in the yard and even to the office today. The comfort was great right from day one, extremely comfortable and much better than Crispi for me. I do like the insole that it comes with. I emailed Jim today and told him how much I like them, even considering an insulated pair now. He said they have a new insulated version coming out soon. I did see another post in this thread that said Obenauf’s can cause the rand to separate from the boot - anybody else have issues using it? I used Obenauf‘s LP on mine so wondering if something else should be used in the future.
I used Obenauf's on mine and have been running it since last fall. Appears to be holding up great and still loving the boots. I also like them much better than the crispis I had, and my feet have been much more dry!

Birddog1

FNG
Thank you. I just looked on the Hoffman website and found this:

• Approved for waterproof footwear. Hoffman's Premium Boot Dressing is manufactured by Obenaufs. In our 30 years of experience with many products we've determined this to be your best protection and value.

Picked up a pair of the 6 inch explorers this week. Took them on a quick hike to check trail cams today. So far so good, went half a size bigger than my actual size.

Just wore them around the house and to work a couple days, then a couple miles yesterday. I'm impressed so far, no hotspots , pinching etc. I will say they are quite a bit more stiff than the boots I've been using the last 2-3 years.

d_rek

Lil-Rokslider
Does any one have the mountaineer pacs? Looking for something for late season tree stand hunts in the Midwest, along with a general winter outdoor duty boot.

Sent from d_mobile

Kenai_dtracker

Lil-Rokslider
Does any one have the mountaineer pacs? Looking for something for late season tree stand hunts in the Midwest, along with a general winter outdoor duty boot.

Sent from d_mobile

Not the mountaineer's but I do have the Kenetrek Grizzly in 13", which are a wicked nice cold/outdoor weather pac. Found them 4 years ago on Amazon new for $99. Not sure how that happened...

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
We should have these ready by the end of next week. These were delayed with everything going on right now but are on the way as we speak. Can't wait to get them.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Not the mountaineer's but I do have the Kenetrek Grizzly in 13", which are a wicked nice cold/outdoor weather pac. Found them 4 years ago on Amazon new for $99. Not sure how that happened...
This is the perfect boot for tree stand hunting and unlike the Kenetrek boot, we build them right here in USA .