Hoffman Explorer Boot Review Thread ***Updated 2/12/20***

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I looked on their website but could not find the specs on the weight of the 8" uninsulated explorers, Does anyone know what they advertise the weight of these boots at?
These will run right around the 4 lb a pair mark

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I just wanted to add my two cents to this. I just got a pair of the 8 inch uninsulated boots on Friday. One thing that stood out, the 8 inch Explorers are just about the same height as the Crispi Idaho‘s (10”) I have. So far just wearing them around the house, in the yard and even to the office today. The comfort was great right from day one, extremely comfortable and much better than Crispi for me. I do like the insole that it comes with. I emailed Jim today and told him how much I like them, even considering an insulated pair now. He said they have a new insulated version coming out soon. I did see another post in this thread that said Obenauf’s can cause the rand to separate from the boot - anybody else have issues using it? I used Obenauf‘s LP on mine so wondering if something else should be used in the future.
The new 10" Insulated Hunter will be out next week - stay tuned.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I used Obenauf's on mine and have been running it since last fall. Appears to be holding up great and still loving the boots. I also like them much better than the crispis I had, and my feet have been much more dry!
I use the obenaufs type product also - I have had no issues.

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a discount code for these boots I’m about to order a pair of explorer lights

Big338

FNG
Just used the rokslide discount code and got my boots yesterday. Put them on for 1 hour yesterday and was blown away!
First impressions seem amazing. I will be wearing them for 10 hours plus today so we will see how day 2 goes.
The 8” seems to be same height as schnee granites which I have worn for 8 plus years and have loved.

hunterjmj

WKR
Bought the explorer boots about 3 years ago for hunting only and these things have been good to my feet. This past summer I stepped on a toy, while wearing tennis shoes, and twisted my left ankle and have had issues with that foot since. Recently, it's gotten worse so I thought I'd try my Hoffman's to see if they would help. I've been able to work all day without pain in my foot. I have an appointment with a podiatrist to figure out the issue but the Hoffman's will be my new work boot from here on out. My employer gives us $200 towards boots each year so that will go towards another pair this fall. Thank you Hoffman.

Beendare

WKR
I’ve got a few hundred miles on my Hoffmans that I got the beginning of last year. These boots are well-made and incredibly durable.....they get better as time goes on.

I was running a couple lighter boots that would be done with the mileage i put on these Hoffmans. hoffmans are the equivalent of those Toyo open country tires; There durable as heck, last forever but they are heavier.

it did take me a month to break mine in and I was skeptical at first. I had to toughen up my heel but after break in those boots fit like a glove and now they are super comfortable.

Worth noting: it’s a bit counterintuitive but my feet feel better at the end of a very long day when wearing these Hoffmans versus wearing one of the lighter more flexible boots. If you are currently wearing a light boot these will feel heavy at first. I had to get my legs used to wearing a heavier boot in the beginning and Im glad I did.

Mine developed a bit of a squeak hunting very dry Arizona late season with all the dust. Not a big deal for a rifle guy but when you’re trying to stalk on Coues deer at close range with a recurve it’s a big deal. I’m sure I can solve it was one of the boot treatment products—-

thanks for a high quality boot Hoffman.

—-

Big338

FNG
Wore my boots for 10 hours straight yesterday for the first day. My feet are not sore one bit!
Will be putting them back on after church for another 8 hours or so.
Really looking forward to some hiking with pack on to test them a little bit.
Will come back in few months with update.

Savage99

WKR
Does anyone know if I can use Kenetrek wax on my explorers? I’ll buy the Hoffman or obenhaufs wax if I have to, but I already have the Kene wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if I can use Kenetrek wax on my explorers? I’ll buy the Hoffman or obenhaufs wax if I have to, but I already have the Kene wax.

Well, if you bought a brand new truck that uses synthetic oil would you just use regular dino oil because thats what you have on the shelf?
Buy the obenhaufs. Its only $12. It will last forever and its better than the kenetrek stuff. You wont have any regerts.....

Savage99

WKR
Well, if you bought a brand new truck that uses synthetic oil would you just use regular dino oil because thats what you have on the shelf?
Buy the obenhaufs. Its only $12. It will last forever and its better than the kenetrek stuff. You wont have any regerts.....

Ordered… no ragerts!

HoffmanBoots

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve got a few hundred miles on my Hoffmans that I got the beginning of last year. These boots are well-made and incredibly durable.....they get better as time goes on.

I was running a couple lighter boots that would be done with the mileage i put on these Hoffmans. hoffmans are the equivalent of those Toyo open country tires; There durable as heck, last forever but they are heavier.

it did take me a month to break mine in and I was skeptical at first. I had to toughen up my heel but after break in those boots fit like a glove and now they are super comfortable.

Worth noting: it’s a bit counterintuitive but my feet feel better at the end of a very long day when wearing these Hoffmans versus wearing one of the lighter more flexible boots. If you are currently wearing a light boot these will feel heavy at first. I had to get my legs used to wearing a heavier boot in the beginning and Im glad I did.

Mine developed a bit of a squeak hunting very dry Arizona late season with all the dust. Not a big deal for a rifle guy but when you’re trying to stalk on Coues deer at close range with a recurve it’s a big deal. I’m sure I can solve it was one of the boot treatment products—-

thanks for a high quality boot Hoffman.

—-
Thank you for the kind words.