Hummer H3

Weldor

WKR
Just picked up a 2008, seems to be really capable on and off road. Looking for thoughts from owners. My 2013 JKU is the wifes daily driver, but it gets used pretty good during the hunting season. The Hummer is all wheel drive lots of interior room, only complaint is folding the seats down leaves a pretty big hump. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

def90

WKR
It’s been years since I’ve seen one of those on the road.

The H3 is just a Colorado/Canyon chassis with a different body on it.

wyosteve

WKR
I had an H2 for a few years and really liked its capabilities. That said, it was a 'slow dog' with the 6.0 engine and 4 speed tranny. And had a multitude of squeaks/rattles from all the plastic that was used.

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
Wheeled with it in the Catalina's on Saturday, pretty impressed with it the lockers work good.Been driving Jeeps for 35 plus years. It will do. Plan to put a winch on it and use it as my back up for hunting. Pretty easy to wrench on, just replaced some suspension parts and full oil changes ( axles and engine tranny) the little 3.7 does ok for what is meant to do IMHO.

Mojave

WKR
It’s been years since I’ve seen one of those on the road.

The H3 is just a Colorado/Canyon chassis with a different body on it.
Well a built out version of one. I had mine in 18 inches of fresh snow, and it didn't care. Took it on things I would take my work truck, and it still didn't care.

They put some good off road tech in them.

Sold it when I moved to Australia. We have 3 kids since I owned it, or I'd buy another one. The trucks are truly special.

Throw a bottle of chevron Techron concentrate fuel system cleaner it. You should notice a big uptick in power and a smoother idle if no one has done it recently

Those engine get build up in the heads

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
I use Lucas regularly, does a good job. It had a K&N but replaced it and the map sensor because it had oil all over it (sensor). Went with a AFE