I'm torn on Colorado prop 114.

Okhotnik

WKR
Their plan was multiple breeding pairs throughout the state first focusing on wilderness areas. There was also an exclusion of wolves in Estes and Rocky Mountain National Park. There is still a thread on bowsite that is a good read about how they were planning to keep them out of Estes and Rocky Mountain Park.
You're aware that collared wolves have been shown to travel hundreds of miles a month?

Good luck trying to get an elk tag in Colorado as a non resident in a few years. Look at the recent election and easy to see that Kolorado has been completely Kaliforniacated. A blue state like Colorado will never allow the management of wolves, never. Its extremely naive or should I say stupid to think otherwise.

Just Wyoming, Montana and Idaho left to destroy.

Okhotnik

WKR
This is a very important and often overlooked point. some Hunters think that they can change opinions with flat brim hats, pretty girls hunting, IPAs, being “woke”, well-told stories, well made meals, field-to-table, etc etc etc. Nope.

this is as much a study in sociology as anything. You have to counter an argument using the same argument, not a different one. That’s something we are not great at. When they say “no hunters killing animals” and we say “we eat the meat.,” we are not arguing a point that will resonate with them.
Don't worry BHA always supports and backs the hunting community with flat brimmed IPA get togethers

2mas

FNG
I'd rather it be on CPW's terms. Not forced onto their plate after these fires.

Seeing wildlife choices put on the ballot instead of the desks of state biologists confuses me.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Squincher

WKR
This is a very important and often overlooked point. some Hunters think that they can change opinions with flat brim hats, pretty girls hunting, IPAs, being “woke”, well-told stories, well made meals, field-to-table, etc etc etc. Nope.

this is as much a study in sociology as anything. You have to counter an argument using the same argument, not a different one. That’s something we are not great at. When they say “no hunters killing animals” and we say “we eat the meat.,” we are not arguing a point that will resonate with them.
There really isn't any reason to engage anti-hunters; you are no more likely to change their minds than they are yours. They see mankind as separate from nature instead of as the most apex of apex predators.

I was born and raisesd in Colorado or as it is now called "COMMIERADO", and this is what happens when the "left" invades and corrupts a state after destroying another one (California, Oregon, Washington come to mind. Funny how the majority who voted for this don't live in the area that will be impacted by these predators and it's the hunters that have to cover this? CPW can't manage the deer and elk herds now, no way they will be able to manage the wolf. I've already heard the discussion, that during hunting seasons wolves will be delt with properly... They are not needed here and it's a huge waste of money that could have been put to better use.

Billinsd

WKR
I live west of the continental divide and when I look at the voting map the majority of the yes votes came from a few areas east of me and I’m very sad what mindset the majority of the state I was born and raised in has become.
I know how you feel as a native Californian. I've got a vast, fond memory of Colorado in the 70s and 80s, lots and lots of time hunting and skiing there.

wapitibob

WKR
Their plan was multiple breeding pairs throughout the state first focusing on wilderness areas. There was also an exclusion of wolves in Estes and Rocky Mountain National Park. There is still a thread on bowsite that is a good read about how they were planning to keep them out of Estes and Rocky Mountain Park.

There is no CPW approved wolf plan developed under the new legislation;. The Oversight Board will start to develop that plan on Nov 19.

brsnow

WKR
There will be year of town halls to get public feedback, try to show up.

sasquatch

WKR
Or we could stop incentivising people to breed like rabbits through welfare and tax breaks. We need to get it out of our collective heads that growth in perpetuity is sustainable.

But that's a topic for another thread. Back to the wolves. It's a hard NO from me.
this! on top of the illegal immigration.

also, we could stop being so sensitive and let live just be. But no, we have to cure everything there is to hurt us and hide from viruses.

we love to "manage" everything except ourselves.

the only negative to capitalism is it requires constant growth. Today we are dying at half the rate of being born.