Lost Taste!

AndyB

WKR
Finished isolation on 3rd/12.

Taste went after 3 or four days of showing simptons to the point i couldnt taste my coffee, ( grind my own beans) coffee tasted like bland gravy, ahhh.
Within ten days it had started to come back, to the point i think its normal now.
Im sure that for me the lack of taste was because my sinuses, nazal cavity were inflamed due to the virus there, much like holding your nose to swallow bad tasting medicine.
Still feels tender up there,

Hope it comes back for you soon,🤞

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Lost both just before Thanksgiving 2020, been over a year now and my smell and taste are still F'd up. I get glimpses once in awhile where I think I might be making some progress, I'll get a faint taste or smell of what I know it should taste/smell like, but then it fades. Worst part is that when I am able to actually taste or smell something it is usually wrong. A lot of stuff tastes like a communion wafer or a dirty dish rag. Been a very frustrating year+ to say the least.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Lost both just before Thanksgiving 2020, been over a year now and my smell and taste are still F'd up. I get glimpses once in awhile where I think I might be making some progress, I'll get a faint taste or smell of what I know it should taste/smell like, but then it fades. Worst part is that when I am able to actually taste or smell something it is usually wrong. A lot of stuff tastes like a communion wafer or a dirty dish rag. Been a very frustrating year+ to say the least.
Sorry to hear that, Burnsie, I hope it turns around for you real soon.

Stories like this give me pause as much as anything else. I'm a very healthy 40 year old guy, good shape, no pre-existing conditions, good health ins coverage, but god damnit do I love the ability to taste and smell. I DO NOT want to lose that. Last elk I killed because I smelled the herd bedded, and those steaks taste real good.

I lost my taste and smell again from my 2nd round of the rona from the symptoms that started a few days ago. Will see how this round goes but hopefully I won’t lose my taste for too long. My first round, smell was gone for 14 days and taste was gone for about a week.

First dose of Pfizer end of September, 1st round of Covid positive mid October, 2nd dose pfizer nov 17 and now second round of Covid now.

My wife and I got it at the same time. She lost her sense of taste and smell right away. We both got the monoclonal antibodies and before she left the office she had her taste and smell back. The next day I lost my smell....

dtrkyman

WKR
My wife is studying with an MD. from India currently, she has told her that people who have lost those senses can potentially get them back by giving blood.

fwafwow

WKR
My wife is studying with an MD. from India currently, she has told her that people who have lost those senses can potentially get them back by giving blood.
Can you please provide some more info? I've heard of quite a few possible remedies, and I've tried any that sound logical. IMHO this doesn't make any sense.

dtrkyman

WKR
Can you please provide some more info? I've heard of quite a few possible remedies, and I've tried any that sound logical. IMHO this doesn't make any sense.
No idea, but I actually asked the wife if I heard that correctly and she said yes, try and find some kind of details.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I've had both recipes of Covid and the 2nd time lost my taste for a while and never really
got all of my smell back.
On a positive note, I can no longer smell my wife's industrial grade farts.
She says they have no smell after having the Covid.,,,,,I dunno.

Lost my smell and taste Jan 2021. My smell is still way off. Lots of times I can sense that I smell something but I can not discern what it is, except for a few things. My taste is still off. Most protein tastes and smells like sulphur or metallic.