MADE IN THE USA LIST

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry, I said Asics in my original post but after looking at New Balances site, it was NB I meant. There only USA made shoes are "walking shoes", they look like they would be nice to work in but I was hoping for some trail runners.
Oh yeah, correct. My NB trail runners just arrived today, made in Vietnam.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sorry, I said Asics in my original post but after looking at New Balances site, it was NB I meant. There only USA made shoes are "walking shoes", they look like they would be nice to work in but I was hoping for some trail runners.
No. The 992/993s aren't walking shoes, they're running shoes, but not trail runners. Put many a mile on US made NBs in the Marine Corps, they were even issued gear at one point. All around classics. Not sure of any trail runners made in the States anymore.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Weatherby Mark V, the expensive line, is made in USA. Weatherby Vanguard, still a very nice rifle, is made in Japan.

Is t that irritating though. Geez it would be nice to have it all made here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
First and foremost this is not a “Bash foreign made products or companies” thread. Keep it positive about companies that do rather than negative about companies that don’t. We have enough negative news these days and lots of places to argue.

Most of what I own is not made here as I’m sure most of the gear guys own isn’t as well. I’d like to know when I buy something I’m helping out if only a little bit to get somebody back to work.

Thanks for keeping it positive......
All of our steel is sourced from the USA and our Argali knives are all made here as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Henry- Made in America or not made at all.
Bear and Sons- knives
Volquartsen

Does anyone grind their own glass in the USA?
Someone mentioned NightForce. They do not grind their own glass. It’s sourced from Japan on the higher end scopes. Not sure on the lower end stuff. They do a lot of assembly in Idaho, but source glass elsewhere.

Last edited:

WKR
Just replaced a Kuerig coffee maker. Quick search and about the best I could do was assembled in US. That was on one model of Dunn coffee makers. Seems to work nice. Was about 2-3 times more than the chink versions but worth it to me. Hopefully with some regulations rolled back by Trump, we can bring more stuff back to the US for production.

Weatherby Mark V, the expensive line, is made in USA. Weatherby Vanguard, still a very nice rifle, is made in Japan.
Does Weatherby make the Mark V or buy it?
Some used Mark V are marked Germany. Orion shotguns used to be rebranded SKB from Japan and are now Turkish guns.

So just in regards to the gear that I use for hunts, here's what I got. Stone Glacier packs, Kimber, Winchester, and Barrett rifles, Leupold rifle scopes, S&W sidearm with Diamond D holster, Seek Outside, Hyperlite Mountain Gear, Zpacks, and Mountain Laurel Designs shelters, drybags, pillow and pack cover, AGC bino pack, Enlightened Equipment quilts, Borah Gear bivy, some Ruta Locura stuff, my camp shoes just say made in USA, SMC ice axe, Thermarest pads (maybe, I don't know for sure), Kestrel Knives, Tyto knife, some Gossamer Gear, Hill People Gear, GooseFeet Gear and Feathered Friends stuff, and Darn Tough socks (I think). That's all I can come up with right now off the top of my head. Oh, and the bourbon I drink is made in Kentucky.
That's a good list! I haven't heard of a lot of those brands and had to look them up. Thanks for sharing.
Winchester rifles haven't been made in the USA for a little while:
"For the first seventy years, production was in New Haven, Connecticut, the factory that closed in 2006. After 2006, a number of Model 70 bolt action rifles were produced at a Herstal Group factory (FNM) in South Carolina, U.S.A. over several years.
Production was then moved to our factory in Viana, Portugal -- a factory which was already part of the Herstal Group (our parent company). Generally, today, key parts are likely sourced worldwide with the rifle made and assembled in Portugal."

I bought a model 70 in 2008 and my barrel says it was made in Belgium, so who knows? I like Winchester Rifles a lot, and I'll still buy them wherever they decide to make or assemble them :)

Clarence

WKR
Speed Queen washing machine. All components on them made in the usa...and they carry parts to repair them (not replace every 5 years with another throw away model)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Does Weatherby make the Mark V or buy it?
Some used Mark V are marked Germany. Orion shotguns used to be rebranded SKB from Japan and are now Turkish guns.
Somebody else might have a better answer than me, but my understanding is that over their many years, Weatherby, like Winchester, have tried several countries with good craft shop infrastructures.

I know for sure they now make some, if not all, Mark V's in Sheridan, WY (I owned one, marked "Sheridan, WY"). They moved there from Paso Robles, CA (another foreign country :unsure: ), and might still make some there. But I wouldn't know if any present Mark V's are still imported from anywhere else. They have lots of models of Mark V.

It is still not easy to find where they make their rifles or buy their their components until you have the rifle in your hands and read the inscription.

Last edited:

zog

Lil-Rokslider
I would still rather buy an import from a well established craft factory country like Finland, Belguim, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Germany, or Japan, and not China or Turkey. This has nothing to do with the race of people that make them, it has everything to do with the quality legacy of the industry in that country's region, and trustworthiness and ethics of the exporters and governments.

I own rifles made in Finland, shotguns made in Italy, pistols made in Austria, optics made in Austria, optics assembled in USA from lenses and dials made in Japan, and watch made in Switzerland.

All my knives and multitools are made in USA, Just over half of my firearms are USA made, (Remington, Ruger, pre'64 Win, and S&W) and I'm purty sure all the ammo I buy is USA made as well. No way to tell where they mined the iron, chrome, and moly for the knives and guns or the lead, zinc, and copper for the ammo; could have been USA or anywhere.

My boots were made in Italy. Who knows how much of my wearable and backpack gear is made in China, Vietnam, Sri Lanka?

Last edited: