MeatEater and Weatherby?

Ratbeetle

WKR
Well they did sell controlling interest in the company to a group that has contributed over 750k to democrats since 2010, so....

Wonder how many anti-2a people that amount of money helped to elect.

Edit:

Donations to Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, and Chucky Schumer in 2016. That's an all star list of anti-2a Dbags.

Last edited:
  • Banned
OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
Now onto Roy Weatherby pimp rifles. Never considered a Weatherby worthy of owning.

Reckon the fans will jump all over them.

Gobbler36

WKR
Well they did sell controlling interest in the company to a group that has contributed over 750k to democrats since 2010, so....

Edit:

Donations to Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, and Chucky Schumer in 2016. That's an all star list of anti-2a Dbags.
guess im late to the party but who is the group that bought meateater??

I get that some hate anyone not 1000% Republican and 2a supporters but has anyone looked at what cherin wants from meateater?

https://www.fastcompany.com/9024480...loads-with-stake-in-hunter-friendly-meateater

This is one of many articles of his idea. He wants to serve an underserved market of hunters and provide more content. Of course he wants to do it to make money, but there are very few media moguls that lean to the right, so partnering with a left leaning media mogul that wants to expand hunting & fishing media to serve outdoors people doesn't seem that bad. Your options in media are left, hard left, and Uber left. . .

FLAK

WKR
I have a MkV Lazermark in 7mm WBY that stairsteps high
left after the first shot. It has been on one hunting trip.
Will not be out again until it is re-barreled,,,,,,,or sold.
Slick gun, glass smooth action, excellent trigger, B&C stock.
Just not accurate.

Trial153

WKR
I have a MkV Lazermark in 7mm WBY that stairsteps high
left after the first shot. It has been on one hunting trip.
Will not be out again until it is re-barreled,,,,,,,or sold.
Slick gun, glass smooth action, excellent trigger, B&C stock.
Just not accurate.
That sucks. Lot of money for a gun that doenst shoot

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Love my 300 DGR Weatherby Mag. Very accurate with Barnes 180 gr and less recoil than my Sako Finnbear 85 30.06

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ratbeetle

WKR
I get that some hate anyone not 1000% Republican and 2a supporters but has anyone looked at what cherin wants from meateater?

https://www.fastcompany.com/9024480...loads-with-stake-in-hunter-friendly-meateater

This is one of many articles of his idea. He wants to serve an underserved market of hunters and provide more content. Of course he wants to do it to make money, but there are very few media moguls that lean to the right, so partnering with a left leaning media mogul that wants to expand hunting & fishing media to serve outdoors people doesn't seem that bad. Your options in media are left, hard left, and Uber left. . .

Money is the sole motivator. From your link:

“It’s a very compelling consumer category, given the scale of both enthusiasts who participate and their spending against those pursuits. When you have a foundation of 40 million people that spends an average of $2,000 a year on gear, apparel, media, travel and (hunting and fishing) licenses—that’s a pretty good place to start.”

The ONLY thing they want to do is get their share of that $2000.

I'm sure the guy who supports a Bloomberg ban on semiautomatic rifles, thinks that the NRA is a terrorist organization and wants to see a ban on "trophy" hunting will use your money to further causes you care about.

jfs82

WKR

Edit:

Democrat and anti-gun are not one and the same. I've never not voted democrat (though on specific issues I could not care less about party line but what I believe is right), do not support the NRA, and yet here I am, with guns,. My brother the same. My cousin the same. Uncle the same. Multiple friends the same.

Democrat and anti-gun are not one and the same. I've never not voted democrat (though on specific issues I could not care less about party line but what I believe is right), do not support the NRA, and yet here I am, with guns,. My brother the same. My cousin the same. Uncle the same. Multiple friends the same.
I ask this in all honesty, do you not see the correlation between the "evil" NRA and the ability of you, your friends, your uncle, or whomever to sit here and spout off about your love of guns and hatred of undoubtedly the stongest voice gun owners have? The irony boggles my mind. Love them or hate them, the (lib) barbarians at the gate would have had you begging for a slingshot many decades ago if not for their existence. That "enlightened" - elitist mindset that you can love guns but be above the unwashed masses who appreciate the role the NRA has played is unfortunately all too common these days with those who dont appreciate history and or facts.
Im sure your "nuanced" opinion impresses the hell out of the anti gun crowd at cocktail parties.
Too late in the night for this crap. Rant over.