MeatEater and Weatherby?

OXN939

WKR
It's still very different from most hunting shows where the dialog goes more like "We're sitting here in our Redneck blind and have our Ozonics going; hoping a big buck comes out into this Whitetail Institute clover plot so we can lay the smack down on him with our new Thompson Center".

Nailed it. Hunting shows growing up always reminded me of professional wrestling- sadly scripted, you knew exactly what was going to happen and the only question was which ads would be plastered where. They definitely didn't teach anyone anything about the ethics or techniques of hunting.

I would be interested to know what Steve's real deal connection with Chernin is, but he's definitely entertaining, articulate and open minded. Also, if anyone wants to get rid of their communism-supporting Weatherby, PM me for FFL information

Why do we as sportsmen need high capacity ( more than 5 rounds) assault rifles,/machine guns high powered military grade assault bolt action sniper rifles (Like GAP) etc with military grade NF etc scopes, and high powered assault hand guns( more than 5 rounds) in our country to hunt? The founding fathers didn't didn't envision every American owning a military grade assault rifle, sniper rifle, machine gun or handgun or possessing a nuclear bomb. The Chernin group who now owns Meateater ( TM) , are opposed to this. They wrote the second amendment for turkey and deer hunters.

peace out

Signed a deep thinking, Meateater fan who lives in an urban environment.

Bernie 2020- New and improved communism
The second ammendment was absolutely not written for hunting. If you read the ammendment, it starts out by telling you exactly why it was written and from that one can deduce if it includes military grade firearms. (hint: it does)

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I agree. The 2A amendment should not even be discussion. "Shall not be infringed." There should be no such thing as a federal gun law. Period. The NRA does not support the true intent of the 2A anymore, which is why I support Gun Owners of America. It's sad to see people so willing to expose their underbellies when it comes to their rights. The 2A is the only thing keeping the "ruling class" (politicians and the extremely wealthy, "Billionaires"-- for you Bernie Bros--from completely running roughshod over all of our God-given rights.

Lol. You and a couple of your buddies with your AR-15s have zero to do with “the ruling class” not doing whatever they want. Someone very close to me tried getting into high up politics and was actually pretty successful. Until they saw and realized what was happening at that level... If you even knew half of what those scumbags get away with you’d be appalled. There isn’t anything you can do about it.

Lol. You and a couple of your buddies with your AR-15s have zero to do with “the ruling class” not doing whatever they want. Someone very close to me tried getting into high up politics and was actually pretty successful. Until they saw and realized what was happening at that level... If you even knew half of what those scumbags get away with you’d be appalled. There isn’t anything you can do about it.
That’s exactly my point. They’ve already shit on the 2A to the point all we really have is AR-15s and a completely diminished 2A, which allows them to do whatever they want with impunity. They should have fought harder in the 30s and then again in the 80s when the Federal Governent took a shit on the 2A. But I guess now we should just laugh at people who want to make a difference and just bend over and take it more and more and allow more and more of our freedom and with it our dignity as human beings to be stomped on. Thumbs up, dude.

Th
Why do we as sportsmen need high capacity ( more than 5 rounds) assault rifles,/machine guns high powered military grade assault bolt action sniper rifles (Like GAP) etc with military grade NF etc scopes, and high powered assault hand guns( more than 5 rounds) in our country to hunt? The founding fathers didn't didn't envision every American owning a military grade assault rifle, sniper rifle, machine gun or handgun or possessing a nuclear bomb. The Chernin group who now owns Meateater ( TM) , are opposed to this. They wrote the second amendment for turkey and deer hunters.

peace out

They actually did. You’ve been lied to.

peace out

It’s scary that I can’t tell if this is satire or not.

OP
16Bore

16Bore

WKR
Isn’t Joe Rogan one of them? Thought he was a ‘slide fav since he “hunted” and likes weed.....and Bernie

ODB

WKR

25k guys with ARs in VA I can guaran-damn-tee you had an effect on the bullshit they tried here.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
25k guys with ARs in VA I can guaran-damn-tee you had an effect on the bullshit they tried here.

25K guys... Do you honestly think that 1 quarter of 1 percent of the population of VA has even a tiny influence on what politicians are doing on a daily basis? If you truly think this, you need to rethink things a little bit.

It’s not only about legislation. It’s what they get away with at the criminal level as well. Scary stuff man.

25K guys... Do you honestly think that 1 quarter of 1 percent of the population of VA has even a tiny influence on what politicians are doing on a daily basis? If you truly think this, you need to rethink things a little bit.

It’s not only about legislation. It’s what they get away with at the criminal level as well. Scary stuff man.
Two things can be true at once. I know you think you're Mr. "Inside Knowledge," but think of the political ramifications of the national guard having to gun down and slaughter even a couple armed citizens fighting for their rights, let alone 25K. They don't have to storm the capitol and take over the government of Virginia for their to be an enormous political impact and a sway on the climate. Hell, they don't have to do much more than make the national news, as we saw. The problem is there are only 25K. If you truly believe the government is that out of control you should be calling on all your fellow citizens to be more active in the defense of their rights. It seems to me like you just want to be a smug know-it-all, looking down on others.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Two things can be true at once. I know you think you're Mr. "Inside Knowledge," but think of the political ramifications of the national guard having to gun down and slaughter even a couple armed citizens fighting for their rights, let alone 25K. They don't have to storm the capitol and take over the government of Virginia for their to be an enormous political impact and a sway on the climate. Hell, they don't have to do much more than make the national news, as we saw. The problem is there are only 25K. If you truly believe the government is that out of control you should be calling on all your fellow citizens to be more active in the defense of their rights. It seems to me like you just want to be a smug know-it-all, looking down on others.

I like your way of thinking and wanting to do what’s right. Resorting to name calling and assuming things about somebody is where I step away from the conversation. Have a great day.

I like your way of thinking and wanting to do what’s right. Resorting to name calling and assuming things about somebody is where I step away from the conversation. Have a great day.
You can also try to refute my perception. Or just walk away, I guess. It’s pretty well aligned with your previous comments and apparent perception of futility in matters, though.

ODB

WKR

That’s a bold statement to tell me to rethink things...

Talk about assuming things about people...

Well, I guess it’s time for you to tell us all of the nefarious things your friend told you about, no?

Because if you know these things are factual, to NOT tell everyone makes you complicit in those acts, correct?

I yield back my time...

Okhotnik

WKR

Less than 1/2 of one per cent of the population transgenders. Look at their influence on our culture and politics now.

Okhotnik

WKR
The second ammendment was absolutely not written for hunting. If you read the ammendment, it starts out by telling you exactly why it was written and from that one can deduce if it includes military grade firearms. (hint: it does)

Im just repeating what other "sportsmen " on here have in the past and on other outdoor forums.

Steel Rain

Lil-Rokslider
Holy crap! I hate to admit this but I just read through this keyboard discussion in it’s entirety.