MeatEater and Weatherby?

Ratbeetle

WKR
Democrat and anti-gun are not one and the same. I've never not voted democrat (though on specific issues I could not care less about party line but what I believe is right), do not support the NRA, and yet here I am, with guns,. My brother the same. My cousin the same. Uncle the same. Multiple friends the same.

Actually, yes they are. You ( and you family and friends) should really educate yourself on the Democratic party platform as stated in their own words before making statements like that and continuing to vote for people who would like nothing more than to keep chipping away at your individual liberties.

Owning a hunting rifle doesn't make someone pro 2a by default.

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I still dont know what Meateater and Weatherby are doing together. I assume that ad means they are a show sponsor now.

SoDaky

WKR
Politics aside it's downright silly and ignorant to knock Weatherby.Why?Great company,great history,revolutionary founder in every respect.Check 'Roy' out.He moved the needle forward a great deal in ballistic and gun development.They have never made 'bad' rifles.I would die to get back the German made 300 I used in the 70s.

Trial153

WKR
Actually, yes they are. You ( and you family and friends) should really educate yourself on the Democratic party platform as stated in their own words before making statements like that and continuing to vote for people who would like nothing more than to keep chipping away at your individual liberties.

Condensing much?

Trial153

WKR
I ask this in all honesty, do you not see the correlation between the "evil" NRA and the ability of you, your friends, your uncle, or whomever to sit here and spout off about your love of guns and hatred of undoubtedly the stongest voice gun owners have? The irony boggles my mind. Love them or hate them, the (lib) barbarians at the gate would have had you begging for a slingshot many decades ago if not for their existence. That "enlightened" - elitist mindset that you can love guns but be above the unwashed masses who appreciate the role the NRA has played is unfortunately all too common these days with those who dont appreciate history and or facts.
Im sure your "nuanced" opinion impresses the hell out of the anti gun crowd at cocktail parties.
Too late in the night for this crap. Rant over.
This Former life member says the NRA and how they operate can go shit in their hats.

Last edited:

JWP58

WKR
Remember way back when.....in a distant past when there were no product placements or sponsor sells on meateater? That's why his show became popular, because it wasn't an infomercial. Times they done changed....lol.

Cant say I blame him, gucci gear is cool. Free gucci gear is badazz. But I would caution Mr. Rinnella that his new conglomerate might be his ultimate folly...

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Remember way back when.....in a distant past when there were no product placements or sponsor sells on meateater? That's why his show became popular, because it wasn't an infomercial. Times they done changed....lol.

Cant say I blame him, gucci gear is cool. Free gucci gear is badazz. But I would caution Mr. Rinnella that his new conglomerate might be his ultimate folly...

I don't feel like the show is an infomercial, the podcast guests are sometimes his sponsors. In comparison to some other podcasts, even when his sponsors are on, the majority of the advertising is held at the beginning and middle ad breaks.

On a side note, I really like my 300 weatherby and the company as a whole.

jfs82

WKR
I ask this in all honesty, do you not see the correlation between the "evil" NRA and the ability of you, your friends, your uncle, or whomever to sit here and spout off about your love of guns and hatred of undoubtedly the stongest voice gun owners have? The irony boggles my mind. Love them or hate them, the (lib) barbarians at the gate would have had you begging for a slingshot many decades ago if not for their existence. That "enlightened" - elitist mindset that you can love guns but be above the unwashed masses who appreciate the role the NRA has played is unfortunately all too common these days with those who dont appreciate history and or facts.
Im sure your "nuanced" opinion impresses the hell out of the anti gun crowd at cocktail parties.
Too late in the night for this crap. Rant over.
I do absolutely see the correlation. I also don't think the NRA is evil ( I didnt say evil, hate, never been to a cocktail party, don't feel anything whatsoever about people who love the NRA be it good or bad, it's person by person. I HATE the idea that you think that because someone thinks differently than me I think I'm above them) so don't presume to explain my feelings or lifestyle with the normal left vs right bs. There are middle grounds to things. Why would you use the idea of nuance as an insult? how dare I want to understand things on a case by case basis? if that's the case, it's sad as hell that wanting to know more or not go wherever a party line says is somehow an offense. I disagree with a lot of what the NRA says, not all. I pesonally feel like the NRA serves industry and couches that in rhetoric about protecting rights, I'd rather have someone else protecting my right to have my guns.

jfs82

WKR

Let me specify, general party politics sure, person by person, no. I'll vote for whomever I think represents mycountries and my interests best regardless of party.

JWP58

WKR
I don't feel like the show is an infomercial, the podcast guests are sometimes his sponsors. In comparison to some other podcasts, even when his sponsors are on, the majority of the advertising is held at the beginning and middle ad breaks.

On a side note, I really like my 300 weatherby and the company as a whole.

Go watch an episode from season 1 through 3 or 4. Then watch one on Netflix. If you dont see the difference you must not be watching.

Like I said, gucci lightweight gear is (SG, FL, etc) is better than carhartt and helly hanson. But not pimping gear was the refreshing part about meateater.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Go watch an episode from season 1 through 3 or 4. Then watch one on Netflix. If you dont see the difference you must not be watching.

I've only seen a few of the earlier ones but have watched the Netflix episodes a few times, so I cant speak to the change over time for him. I was comparing him to other hunting shows with the, I couldn't have done this without xyz brand.

Let me specify, general party politics sure, person by person, no. I'll vote for whomever I think represents mycountries and my interests best regardless of party.

Heresy! ...how dare you think for yourself....
....in penance you must now be flogged with "tactical" ratchet straps while reciting some Ted Nugent lyrics....:p

Now he's gonna have a FL camo rifle to match his FL gear. WINNING!

Weatherby's a good company IMO - owned several of their rifles and like all of em, heavy AF action and all.

Money is the sole motivator. From your link:

“It’s a very compelling consumer category, given the scale of both enthusiasts who participate and their spending against those pursuits. When you have a foundation of 40 million people that spends an average of $2,000 a year on gear, apparel, media, travel and (hunting and fishing) licenses—that’s a pretty good place to start.”

The ONLY thing they want to do is get their share of that $2000.

I'm sure the guy who supports a Bloomberg ban on semiautomatic rifles, thinks that the NRA is a terrorist organization and wants to see a ban on "trophy" hunting will use your money to further causes you care about.

I understand that he probably won't use the money he makes to support what I care about, but meateater will be in front of more eyes, coming to more cities, producing more podcast content, and reaching more ears. So if Rinella is at all confident in his product he is happy to expand his market with the hope of providing more hunters, or at a minimum more people that can accept hunting by ethical hunters.

If the hunting industry only works with 100% like minded people, and never partners with others to expand out reach we will die even faster than is supposedly happening.

Given his philosophical nature, his tendency to deeply analyze, and his love of hunting, I doubt Rinella or any of his crew took selling ownership lightly.

Give me a list of powerful, 2a supporting, conceal carry loving, ar-15 toting people who own large scale production and have pull in Hollywood or other media places to help expand meateaters coverage. . . I'll be waiting.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I understand that he probably won't use the money he makes to support what I care about, but meateater will be in front of more eyes, coming to more cities, producing more podcast content, and reaching more ears. So if Rinella is at all confident in his product he is happy to expand his market with the hope of providing more hunters, or at a minimum more people that can accept hunting by ethical hunters.

If the hunting industry only works with 100% like minded people, and never partners with others to expand out reach we will die even faster than is supposedly happening.

Given his philosophical nature, his tendency to deeply analyze, and his love of hunting, I doubt Rinella or any of his crew took selling ownership lightly.

Give me a list of powerful, 2a supporting, conceal carry loving, ar-15 toting people who own large scale production and have pull in Hollywood or other media places to help expand meateaters coverage. . . I'll be waiting.

Great. So the sphere of influence will be larger as the Meateater message skews farther and farther to the left with pressure from the handlers. I'm so excited.

It's already happening with the continual blabbering about nuance from O'Brien.

Ratbeetle

WKR

Look, if the 2a is not particularly high on someone's list of priorities, just come on out and say it. I can respect that...I think it's misguided, but I can respect it. For the record, I'm certainly no fan of the Republican party, in fact, I find politics in general completely disgusting. I think it's sad that as a voter I have to choose between my love and support of public lands and my staunch support of the 2a simply because the broken two-party system in this country dictates it...but we all have our priorities.

What I can't respect, is people pissing on my head and then telling me that it's raining. Democrats are not pro 2a. When a democrat says they are pro 2a, it is typically followed by "I respect the rights of sportsmen to hunt...BUT...blah blah blah common sense gun control, blah blah blah". If that resonates with a guy fine, but I expect them to own it.