Meateater season 9

TC406

FNG
Its not any differnt, or any worse, than all the pagentry bullshit that so many of these "outraged" folks used to gobble up. The truth is that yes, Netflix messed up big time in their promotion of the movie. And yes, it is a film about an uncomfortable topic, young women coming of age, and features a black lead character and directed by a black foreign woman.

It was pounced upon by the Qanon crowd as an example of the "NWO PEDOPHELIA LIZARD PEOPLE GONNA GETCHA" which has become inexplicably mainstream. Not to say that pedophelia and sex-trafficing aren't a global issue, they absolutely are, but the way its being fetishized by the Qanon croud as a means of outrage and disctraction from the other social issues the country is currently facing is really something else.

Needless to say, Im stoked for the new season of MeatEater. It will be a welcome distraction from the bullshit on both sides right now.

Holy moly. People get so worked up about things without having any idea of what their talking about, or without knowing someone's intentions. Cuties is a huge departure from the trash that is the show about the young girls being in pageants. Here's a quote from the writer of the movie

“We, as adults, have not given children the tools to grow up healthy in our society,” Doucouré wrote. “I wanted to open people’s eyes to what’s truly happening in schools and on social media, forcing them to confront images of young girls made up, dressed up and dancing suggestively to imitate their favorite pop icon. I wanted adults to spend 96 minutes seeing the world through the eyes of an 11-year-old girl, as she lives 24 hours a day. These scenes can be hard to watch but are no less true as a result.”

Doucouré said the goal of the film was to start “a conversation about the sexualization of children,” adding, “The movie has certainly started a debate, though not the one that I intended.”

She was actually trying to do some good in creating that movie and it's sad that the intent is completely lost on so many people.

rodney482

WKR
Its not any differnt, or any worse, than all the pagentry bullshit that so many of these "outraged" folks used to gobble up. The truth is that yes, Netflix messed up big time in their promotion of the movie. And yes, it is a film about an uncomfortable topic, young women coming of age, and features a black lead character and directed by a black foreign woman.

It was pounced upon by the Qanon crowd as an example of the "NWO PEDOPHELIA LIZARD PEOPLE GONNA GETCHA" which has become inexplicably mainstream. Not to say that pedophelia and sex-trafficing aren't a global issue, they absolutely are, but the way its being fetishized by the Qanon croud as a means of outrage and disctraction from the other social issues the country is currently facing is really something else.

Needless to say, Im stoked for the new season of MeatEater. It will be a welcome distraction from the bullshit on both sides right now.

thank for adding their color...

rodney482

WKR

3069DD09-7F1A-4849-BEF2-11105A714998.jpeg

Felix40

WKR
I did like that smooth action on mr weatherby’s weatherby rifle in the deer hunt. Good advertising for competitors.

Hahaha I had the same exact thought.

I enjoy the show and think it’s good to have it on Netflix. I can’t think of any better representation for hunting. My non hunting brother in law asked me if I had heard of Rinella a couple weeks ago. He said he is a big fan. I’d call that a win for all of us.

Pandering to whom? Not sure I got that.

I will say it’s interesting to see a shift toward outfitter-based hunts/fishing. I much prefer a dude out by himself in search of fish and game.

Pandering to the large market of Texas.

At least the Nilgai "hunt" was pretty short lived, they called it more of a harvest, and they spent more time on the processing and cooking and eating.

Also, I was impressed to see that Steve can throw a line. Didn't really expect that. Figured he'd be more of a functional flyfisherman but he was more than adequate.