MtnOps/Newberg/B&R Outdoors

OP
moose_1993
You joined today and this is how you start posting by bashing others.....hmm....jealous much?
I need my points bozeman, so that I can post my sleeping bags in the classifieds. I'm assuming you work in the industry so your interests lie within. However, I am not bashing, I am advocating for a change. Do you work for Newberg, Meateater, Sitka? They're all in Bozeman. How come you have no profile photo or name?

OP
moose_1993
Why fund what you dont agree with? Hitting the pocket book will usually get attention.
I actually like their product. It's more of a sourcing issue. It's like liking Nike's shoe, but hating that little Asian kids are enslaved to make them. I just want them to not release location information.

OP
moose_1993
Cyber stalking? You assume too much……another one makes the ignore list on day one…..enjoy life!
You clearly are irrational, it's adorable. The only reason you wouldn't at least take in what I have to say is because you have a selfish interest within.

ODB

WKR
It’s not just hunting, the entire outdoors is being filled up with people wanting their little pieces of heaven. Hunting makes it worse by concentrating people at certain times and places.

as far as TV hunters blowing spots. Yes, happens all the time. Last week I watched a
At some point commercialization and monetization of the public resource will ruin the resource. It’s only a matter of time. I believe social media has aided in the acceleration of that process. So many #publiclandowner #conservation #sickforit #keephammerin YouTube Insta celebrity hunters out there.

The Tragedy of the Commons.

This is exactly the criticism Steve’s brother Matt has and he’s dead serious. I’ve talked to him about it.

The social media/YouTube crowd did the same thing to duck hunting in Arkansas years ago(my home state). Now the so called ‘duck capital’ is a mediocre duck hunting location at best. If you want to hunt in a popular public land location on a Saturday, you have to get to the boat ramp the night before to get in line to launch your boat. I, like many of you enjoy watching hunting on YouTube, but the people putting out the content need to do a better job of editing their content.

Some people love to overpay for products because they come from companies that support hunting.

There are quality supplements out there that can do everything MtnOps can much more cost effectively. Ditto for hunting clothes. I also get better tasting, locally roasted coffee for the same or less than BRCC.

I “vote with my dollar” to an extent, but my dollar matters a lot more to me than some multi-million dollar company.

OP
moose_1993
The social media/YouTube crowd did the same thing to duck hunting in Arkansas years ago(my home state). Now the so called ‘duck capital’ is a mediocre duck hunting location at best. If you want to hunt in a popular public land location on a Saturday, you have to get to the boat ramp the night before to get in line to launch your boat. I, like many of you enjoy watching hunting on YouTube, but the people putting out the content need to do a better job of editing their content.
This is literally all I'm asking. Don't ruin local spots for family groups. If it gets ruined organically...fine, nothing you can do.

If you need a packet of sugar in your water to get your ass up the mountain then maybe you need to hit the trail a little more.
Hunter numbers are going up in the west. I think it’s pretty easy to see why. Hunting media helping people navigate the “scary” parts of planning a hunt across the country. All these “extra” people in the field aren’t natives.

Some people love to overpay for products because they come from companies that support hunting.

There are quality supplements out there that can do everything MtnOps can much more cost effectively. Ditto for hunting clothes. I also get better tasting, locally roasted coffee for the same or less than BRCC.

I “vote with my dollar” to an extent, but my dollar matters a lot more to me than some multi-million dollar company.
True shit.

Last year during fall bear we came upon a couple guys coming back to their truck at dusk, fully decked out in kuiu and asking where the bears were at(rifle hunters at that), meanwhile I’ve got one in the cooler back at camp i shot the evening before in Costco pants and a grey bear t shirt.

Ultimately it’s your money - use it how you want to use it, but they had a lot of money wrapped up needlessly in gear that could’ve been better spent elsewhere.

WCB

WKR
It'll be funny when some of these guys start batting zero on tag draws because of their stupidity. OH wait they won't because jack wagons will point share with them or they will just get hooked up with landowner tags. Funny how some of these guys were strictly DIY public land etc. and slowly they started hunting private access. Then "a friend said I could hunt with him on his ranch" (friends an outfitter/guide. Then just straight up going on Outfitted hunts.

No problem with guided hunts as I have gone on them and used to guide but the slow tansfermation if kind of funny to watch.

MTNOPS is way too Utah instahunter to be palatable.

Sure have a hard time finding flies in Newberg's deal but don't like his pull on many to go west. That is hypocritical because I've only been doing the western hunting deal for going on 7 years and my education in the first few years was largely fueled by folks like Randy.

I have not paid attention to typical Eastern Whitetail or waterfowl hunting media for a long time. I don't have cable TV. Was on a flight last week and had the sportsman channel on for a few different whitetail programs. That shit was awful. Deer after deer shot over bait or at least in a food plot from a box blind and everyone trying to "anchor them" with a high shoulder shot and most of those shots missing the mark. Faces full of black paint to go sit in a box blind. Can't believe there's a market for that crap.

TheTone

WKR
Taking any of the fame hunters at anything more than entertainment is the problem. They basically all present the same message, which is if you just try hard you can have the success they do. They’re in this for the money from sponsors and that’s truly about it regardless of the “message” they present. Don’t use them as a comparison to yourself. I’m listening to the gritty podcast this morning for the first time in a long time. The only reason I listened was because the title had Kuiu in it. Hilarious listening to him sing the praises of products he used to not use or dislike due to past sponsors.