MtnOps/Newberg/B&R Outdoors

tdhanses

WKR
I need my points bozeman, so that I can post my sleeping bags in the classifieds. I'm assuming you work in the industry so your interests lie within. However, I am not bashing, I am advocating for a change. Do you work for Newberg, Meateater, Sitka? They're all in Bozeman. How come you have no profile photo or name?
If you want change just pm Newberg, he’s an active member here and didn’t you just add to what your against by joining rokslide? How is this any different?

OP
moose_1993
If you want change just pm Newberg, he’s an active member here and didn’t you just add to what your against by joining rokslide? How is this any different?
I pay zero money for Rokslide, I'm here to sell my 6.5 Creedmoor, and a 30 degree Nemo bag in Firstlite. Also I have a zero degree Kelty down bag, half a dozen goose decoys, and a bunch of other random shit. I will DM Randy that's a good idea. I've already DMd the B&R guys but I think they just have a camera guy handle their social.

SDHNTR

WKR
Yes, I hate what the internet has done to the stuff I love too, but If people didn’t idolize these social media hero’s and wannabe famous, this wouldn’t be such a problem.

OP
moose_1993
Somebody's got to say it...

View attachment 302947
That attitude never gets anywhere. Who's whining? Drawing attention to an issue and trying to form solutions is not whining.
Probably going to get bashed but I really like Mtn Ops products. Great Christian company. They get my support. Ignite is what I typically purchase. Love that stuff. Makes me feel like a million bucks.
They're Mormon not Christian lol. That's a cult invented in the 1800s my a 13 year old.

Superdoo

WKR
I pay zero money for Rokslide, I'm here to sell my 6.5 Creedmoor, and a 30 degree Nemo bag in Firstlite. Also I have a zero degree Kelty down bag, half a dozen goose decoys, and a bunch of other random shit. I will DM Randy that's a good idea. I've already DMd the B&R guys but I think they just have a camera guy handle their social.

-Admits to joining the community just to access the classifieds...
-Proceeds to make first post about how it's not fair that "his" spots are being "taken" because youtubers made videos. While simultaneously bashing a site sponsor...

1624992530505.png

tdhanses

WKR
How much money do you pay to watch free YouTube videos?

Vandy321

WKR
-Proceeds to make first post about how it's not fair that "his" spots are being "taken" because youtubers made videos. While simultaneously bashing a site sponsor...

View attachment 302949
Who cares if they're a site sponsor...does that make them immune to criticism? I'll answer my own question...No, it does not.

Their product is garbage, targeting hunters who don't have a clue how to eat or train healthy, as a "fix" for a lack of energy or performance.

Yooper

WKR

View attachment 302949
IDK man, I actually admire the guy for being honest! Better than a bunch of "which Crispi boots" and "what's the best 650000" frame pack" posts to boost his count.

Mtnboy

WKR
Just in general no one specific. I know of guys promoting public land mapping software and constantly explaining how they "draw" tags. In reality they are buying landowner tags.
Who?

Just say it then.

OP
moose_1993

View attachment 302949
I feel like you must have a vested interest in the industry in order to take the time to mock me. You're adorable.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
While I fully agree with the premise of this thread, I’m tired of commenting on social media posts with my creeper account of these “influencers.” I’ve been polite in explaining what talking about specific areas is doing to all of our experiences and how laying out everything A to Z on obtaining tags in every draw of every state is reckless, look what’s happening to AZ OTC archery, Idaho, MT combo lic, etc. I’m going to save further discussion for in person at events or better yet at the trailhead where I know it’s just a matter of time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not for "censorship", but I long for the day that the libs in charge of YouTube and Instagram completely ban videos and pictures of dead animals.

wapitibob

WKR
If new guys can watch newberg and learn how to draw tags and hunt out west I'm all for it. The guys I see coming out here for the first time seem to a bit more appreciative for what they have vs the old guard and their "you assholes drew my tag" and "get the eff outto my area" attitudes.

mproberts

WKR
Never tried mtnops.. supplements aren't really my thing.

Never watched BRO.. although I own their Exo pack (I really liked the pocket lay out, but I do hate the cheesy patches they added to it)

Have consumed a lot of Newberg's media and I gotta say I think he is a good representative for the community. Like it or not this minority community needs representatives. Having articulate advocates for public lands and conservation is a good thing in my book. Popularizing public land hunting puts a higher value on it which is likely a good thing in the long run. I'm sure it will decrease my personal opportunity a bit, but I'm willing to sacrifice that for more public lands and a greater value/protection of the things we all love.

landman650

Lil-Rokslider
Is the commercialization of hunting hurting opportunities? Now before I start, I want to lead with I love watching B&R content, and Newberg's as well. I mention this because of an issue my brother and I had. Last year we needed a bugle tube (Colorado soooo probably didn't), and someone saw that we had B&R's tube from Phelps...they then proceeded to tell us how much they hate B&R because they had come into the area and had apparently left a segment with a sign in the background showing their location (name of trailhead or equivalent). Is it time we put pressure on YouTube hunters to stop mentioning locations period? The information is out there and can be had with a little groundwork and networking. However, with the internet every honey hole known to man is being invaded. It would be one thing if the invaders were competent hunters, but they seem to be armed wanderers with no knowledge of the wind. YouTube hunters are basically politicians in that they represent the community in a way, and we should be able to hold them somewhat accountable. I keep hearing that hunter numbers are down...the **** they are. Go to any western state on elk opener and you will quickly realize that it doesn't apply to western hunting. B&R did a Montana road hunt for whitetails and muleys last winter. I expect a bunch of people up in Montana mimicking this next season. If they didn't mention the location it would be more spread out. Pressure needs to be more distributed among the states.

Side note: Does anyone else feel that MtnOps is just a mediocre product with an elk sticker slapped on so that hunters buy it?
It depends on what you mean by hurting. Who cares if "good" areas are mentioned publicly, the game will be pressured to other areas and while all the weekend fanboys go to the popular areas then the real hunters can hunt the game elsewhere. Popularization of the sport has created a large market for clothing and products for us to use and enjoy. Would OnXHunt be around if there wasnt a large consumer base to buy it? I remember when we could only get crappy clothing with Mossy Oak camo. Now there's a competitive market for them to try to make the best gear. I think this just means more of a lotto system in more and more places. I just hope that states don't go full bore anti-non-resident.