MtnOps/Newberg/B&R Outdoors

Fatcamp

WKR
Here's the real issue: Grown-ass men should not be crying on camera and talking about the "brotherhood of the elk woods" and how much they mean to each other. That's just gross.

I stopped watching the born and raised guys years ago.

LOL. Tears for clicks, bro.

Like a lot of you, I quite watching and following a lot of the mainstream hunters a long time ago, I find it hard to identify with them. I do like the hunting public guys though, although they aren’t western hunters(other than one episode with the B&R guys on an elk hunt). They seem to do an all right job of not blowing a place up. Also, they seem more like regular guys, hunting the same places and caliber of animals I do. And obviously they have sponsors, but don’t throw them in your face too much.

It'll be funny when some of these guys start batting zero on tag draws because of their stupidity. OH wait they won't because jack wagons will point share with them or they will just get hooked up with landowner tags. Funny how some of these guys were strictly DIY public land etc. and slowly they started hunting private access. Then "a friend said I could hunt with him on his ranch" (friends an outfitter/guide. Then just straight up going on Outfitted hunts.

No problem with guided hunts as I have gone on them and used to guide but the slow tansfermation if kind of funny to watch.
Are you talking about Newberg? You have to have a guide in Canada if you’re referring to that.
As for the Alaska thing, I think he paid for his hunt at cost or above. Seemed like a good business owner he wanted to promote. So I get your point.

Geewhiz

WKR
Preach!
And I think there is definitely truth about this forum doing just as much damage. Maybe I should quit it.......

Dirtbag

WKR
Like a lot of you, I quite watching and following a lot of the mainstream hunters a long time ago, I find it hard to identify with them. I do like the hunting public guys though, although they aren’t western hunters(other than one episode with the B&R guys on an elk hunt). They seem to do an all right job of not blowing a place up. Also, they seem more like regular guys, hunting the same places and caliber of animals I do. And obviously they have sponsors, but don’t throw them in your face too much.
Used to watch hunting public for the same reasons listed but unfortunately they have been getting really lax with putting specific areas on blast especially as they start to venture further west. Many of the areas they have been showing, anyone competent with ten minutes of free time on OnX could find with the skylines, and notable features they show. They wont care though, they'll spend a few days there and its off to the next spot.

xcutter

WKR
Probably going to get bashed but I really like Mtn Ops products. Great Christian company. They get my support. Ignite is what I typically purchase. Love that stuff. Makes me feel like a million bucks.

WCB

WKR
Are you talking about Newberg? You have to have a guide in Canada if you’re referring to that.
As for the Alaska thing, I think he paid for his hunt at cost or above. Seemed like a good business owner he wanted to promote. So I get your point.
Just in general no one specific. I know of guys promoting public land mapping software and constantly explaining how they "draw" tags. In reality they are buying landowner tags.

TheTone

WKR
Another thing, for the most part you are these companies/groups number one product. When they go to sponsors asking for money about all they have to offer is subscribers, views and follows

WCB

WKR
The Hunting Public guys blow stuff out all the time. Maybe not every hunt but have talked to more than one person who had been close to them and they said the same thing.

If you need a packet of sugar in your water to get your ass up the mountain then maybe you need to hit the trail a little more.
Hunter numbers are going up in the west. I think it’s pretty easy to see why. Hunting media helping people navigate the “scary” parts of planning a hunt across the country. All these “extra” people in the field aren’t natives.
Interesting...Name one state that has increased NR tag allocation in the last 5 yrs? From my research NR tags are capped in most states, CO aside, R licenses not so much. So yes the extra folks are residents, impossible in most states based on capped tag allocations for there to be more NRs.

TheTone

WKR
Probably going to get bashed but I really like Mtn Ops products. Great Christian company. They get my support. Ignite is what I typically purchase. Love that stuff. Makes me feel like a million bucks.
My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that it was an existing supplement company that was bought or rebranded by Casey and Jordan( who really weren’t hunters) to hunters because they saw a market they could exploit.

wapitibob

WKR
Interesting...Name one state that has increased NR tag allocation in the last 5 yrs? From my research NR tags are capped in most states, CO aside, R licenses not so much. So yes the extra folks are residents, impossible in most states based on capped tag allocations for there to be more NRs.

OR has unlimited NR Gen tags for rifle and archery Elk.

bsnedeker

WKR
Where did he say NR's? He said non-native...those can be NR's, they can also be new people moving into the state from other places.

Meat eaters has done the same to one area in CO two years ago, I hope to God they didn’t do it again this year. Guess I’ll find out in a few weeks