New .280 AI rifles releasing?

Mfritts

FNG

In the linked article Joseph mentions a major firearms manufacturer will be releasing .280 Ai across its rifle line. Anyone know who it is yet?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

letrbuck

WKR
The companies I know that are offering in 280AI currently are:
Savage, Ruger, Weatherby, Kimber, Nosler, Cooper, Fierce, Montana Rilfe, Christensen... and I'm sure I missed a couple

4ptz5k.jpg

OP
M

Mfritts

FNG
Muley- I’ve eyed the Kimbers but have worried they may be too lightweight regarding recoil for extensive range time. Which model do you have and what are your thoughts regarding this? I currently shoot a 7.5lb .270 wsm

Muley- I’ve eyed the Kimbers but have worried they may be too lightweight regarding recoil for extensive range time. Which model do you have and what are your thoughts regarding this? I currently shoot a 7.5lb .270 wsm

I have a Montana. The recoil is quick on such a light rifle but I don’t feel it’s heavy at all. It’s more jumpy than pushy if that makes sense. I do feel the rifle is almost too light for longer distance. My new one will be a little heavier and I’m actually looking forward to it.

I’d love to see this round chambered in more factory rifles. It has been on my short list for my next one for quite some time

I love my 280AI from Kimber, it's a perfect cartridge. I literally do not feel the recoil, feels like a feather compared to the 300WM.

If I had to guess, would be browning.

Actually not that long ago there was a member here that said he had inside information that Browning was releasing a 280ai. So it may be them.

wyosam

WKR
Keep ‘em coming. The hotter it gets, the more rich people in my area will buy them, which means more quality once fired brass laying around at the range. There must have been a lot of new ones in town this fall, because it went from being a rare sighting in the brass bin, to “I have enough that I should order a barrel” in about 3 months. By the time the barrel shows up, I’ll have enough brass to last its lifetime, without buying a bit. It would be great if that new manufacturer of factory ammo mentioned in the article is a Berger/Lapua offering. Rich people eat that stuff up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EmperorMA

WKR
Actually not that long ago there was a member here that said he had inside information that Browning was releasing a 280ai. So it may be them.
Wouldn’t it follow that Winchester would start offering .280 AI, as well, since they are owned by FN and rifles are produced under both names in at least one factory?

OP
M

Mfritts

FNG
Now curious what you think the other top 2 are?

300 win mag

Lil-Rokslider
yes i own the win mag.also a 300 dakota.im older now and shoot the win more often.nothing wrong with any of the big 30s.just not necessary.its been around a long time and handles much n/a game.the dakota is a big 30 and i had that built instead of the ultra mag.like to do different.yer the 300 win is one of my personal top 3.